Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Napping issue?

Registered Childminder since
    Reg Jan
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Napping issue?

I only reg my downstairs as to be honest didn't want childminding to take over the whole house! I currently put travel cot in the dining room for my friends LO who I don't charge for, as I have no mindees yet. but she doesn't seem to like napping there..? too noisy or light. but she did nap in the spare room upstairs. Now I am wondering if I ought to call ofsted, RA all upstairs & just reg all areas........ thing is do you need stairgates on all doors in case a little one can climb out of cot? Not sure what to do?
    How have you all got on with napping & have you reg all rooms?

chattercat Guest

When I first registered I asked just for certain rooms and the inspector told me they register the whole house and it's up to me what rooms I use.

Give them a ring on Wednesday and ask for a variation form and you can add the other rooms you want to use. It's quite easy to fill in.

I do have a stairgate at the top of the stairs as well.

Reg Jan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chattercat View Post
    When I first registered I asked just for certain rooms and the inspector told me they register the whole house and it's up to me what rooms I use.

Give them a ring on Wednesday and ask for a variation form and you can add the other rooms you want to use. It's quite easy to fill in.

I do have a stairgate at the top of the stairs as well.
    Thanks will do that then, would be nice to have the choice & like you say I dont have to use them.

Will they come & check them do you know or will I send them my RA

Cheers

chattercat Guest

They don't come out and check. The RA is part of the variation form, you do it all yourself.

Reg Jan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chattercat View Post
    They don't come out and check. The RA is part of the variation form, you do it all yourself.
    FAB!!!!!!! Thanks for that