Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sunburnt

Registered Childminder since
    Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunburnt

Spent all week making sure the kids are protected from the sun.

Well yesterday went out with my sister and her children. We kept telling them to keep their hats on and applied suncream regularly.

We never thought of protecting ourselves. My sister and myself came home looking like lobsters. Why do we do that. Very naughty I know.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

jun 08
    Post Thanks / Like

If its any consolation I too have made sure my children have been slathered with suncream whilst we have been outside - only to realise my back is burnt apart from the hand shaped bit that I did manage to cover with suncream!!! I started to apply it on my back, realised I couldnt reach so went outside to ask hubby to apply it but got distracted (it wasnt that hot first thing this morning) and then have been busy all day so never gave it a second thought until about 4pm!

(Been looking through my wardrobe for t-shirts to hide my back tomorrow, dont want everyone seeing what a numpty I am!)

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I covered myself in factor 30 yet I still look like a lobster and the burnt bits on my arms are so painful I can't wear a bra the strap hurts

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen so many sore people today!

You wouldn't see me in a vest top when only last Sunday it was freezing cold!

I was doing a bootsale last Sunday and believe me the whole day was very windy and cold.

My vest tops/cap sleeves are in a suitcase under my bed, so it's still lightweight three-quarter lengths for me (until I get the time to sort them out).

md0u0131 Guest

My legs are a bit on the pink side as I was too concerned covering arms, shoulders and back that I forgot my legs

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by md0u0131 View Post
    My legs are a bit on the pink side as I was too concerned covering arms, shoulders and back that I forgot my legs
    Me too but have very red legs oh well at least its too myself and not to the children
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door