Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: termination of contract

Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post
    glad you've given notice the stupid woman only giving her child milk

and you absolutely have to charge her for the 4 weeks regardless of whether the child is with you or not. she agreed the notice period she pays it
    well said
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks

registe
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ladies for the support i sure do need it!! She called tonight and i didnt answer it! she left a message and she sounded very nervous about phoneing me and so she should!! she is putting the child to me for the rest of the 4 weeks so i hoping it is a quick 4 weeks!!

April06
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with what has been said about terminating the contact, just wondering if you and the parent had discussed when she wanted the baby to start on solids, or was she happy at the time for you to start when you thought her child was ready. it can be a tricky thing when it comes to start weaning, I mentioned to my daughter that one of the twins is ready for weaning and one wasnt, I let her decide when she started to feed them and she found out by trying them both together and agreed that I was right and only one of the boys is feeding solids and the other is on milk still as he is not ready yet, and as I have said to her he wont be ready for at least another couple of weeks,
    Mandy

registe
    Post Thanks / Like

everythime i mention it to her she goes al funny and doesnt want to talk about it at one stage she said i had the problem and there nothing to worry about! this baby has full mouth of teeth and is crying all the time!! i just have given up trying with her! i have asked for a meeting and she refused

Aug2007
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little worried here about the mum and the baby.

I know I don't know the full story, but I'd be seriously concerned about a baby that hadn't started on solids at the age of 11 months.

Is the babys growth development on target? The baby can't be getting all her nutrients from milk along by this age. Even natural iron levels will be depleating by now and the baby should be relying on solid foods to replace thoughs.

A baby of 11 months couldn't physically drink enough milk to provide themselves with all they need.

Maybe the mum can't face the fact that her baby is growing up, wants to keep her as a baby?

Sorry to hear you've had such a tough time with this mum but I think things may go alot deeper here............putting things together (what I know), with mum weighing herself at yours (little obsesive maybe?) I'd be seriously concerned and couldn't let things rest for the sake of the child.

Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn here........just the whole not weaning thing got me worried.
    Lucy

aug 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just read this thread and I am worried about the child of 11 months still not being on solids, you need to do something about this as even she ignores you doctors recomond that a child should be having solids by 6 months, This is neglate by the parent and I would seek advice from NCMA and OFSTED about this and get her reported unless there is a strong medical reason why the can not swallow food if this was the case you would be given special liquid food for this child.

registe
    Post Thanks / Like

i have been on the phone to health visitor and im planning contacting the GP tommorrow the baby weighs 15 pounds and the health visitor does not seem to be bothered by it whatsoever!! but i am on to it i plan to get this baby sorted out before she leaves me so i will know she is ok!!

April06
    Post Thanks / Like

I visited my doctors the other day with my mindee and weaning was brought up the doctors opinion is that babies can be on milk for upto a least a year before solids are introduced, not knowing the circumstances, was this baby premature by any chance, or is they a religious issue as to why this mum is happy to hear the baby crying if she is hungry, personally if mum doesnt want the baby on solids and the health visitor is aware of the sitution then they doesnt seem a lot left that can be done, you only have four week left with this mum perhaps for a quiet life it might be best to leave well alone. Sorry if it seems that I am speaking out of tune as well, just knowing how some new mums are for the first time they go by what ever trend is available and at the moment the trend is to let the babies go longer before starting solids if they can.
    Mandy

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

sounds like she was far to much trouble . i think you know when you have done the right thing well done x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahcoutts21 View Post
    i have been on the phone to health visitor and im planning contacting the GP tommorrow the baby weighs 15 pounds and the health visitor does not seem to be bothered by it whatsoever!! but i am on to it i plan to get this baby sorted out before she leaves me so i will know she is ok!!
    I've only just read this thread - sorry

What a nightmare - I think you will be well rid

It's great that you are trying to help sort out the baby before the contract ends
    - how did you get on with the GP?

miffy xx

registe
    Post Thanks / Like

he is setting up a HV to go in twice a month and they are assisting mum in weaning her!! so thumbs up all round thank god

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12