Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Britax B Dual straps

Hi

Those of you that have the Britax B dual do you find the straps on bottom seat quite short and struggle to get them on a larger child....

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Short short and shorter!!! I complained (as advised by OIABM) and got a set of "lengtheners" sent out but all it was was one of those full body harness walking things which you put on the child then D-clip onto the existing B-dual harnessss but it's a right 'ol faff and tbh I usually just strap the child in the bottom seat around their waist (pls don't all shout at me!!!) - its not such a problem in the warmer months but the original straps are way too short for kiddies wearing thick jumpers and coats in the middle of winter! Xx

PS. I'm sure OIABM will be along soon to confirm that the 2012 seats have longer straps...!!
    xx

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks JoJo My new lo who starts next week is a little chunky at 15mths so wit a warm coat on I struggled.... my other lo is 15mths as quite petite but still struggle, will just have 2 c how I go i guess x

onceinabluemoon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGiggles View Post
    Short short and shorter!!! I complained (as advised by OIABM) and got a set of "lengtheners" sent out but all it was was one of those full body harness walking things which you put on the child then D-clip onto the existing B-dual harnessss but it's a right 'ol faff and tbh I usually just strap the child in the bottom seat around their waist (pls don't all shout at me!!!) - its not such a problem in the warmer months but the original straps are way too short for kiddies wearing thick jumpers and coats in the middle of winter! Xx

PS. I'm sure OIABM will be along soon to confirm that the 2012 seats have longer straps...!!
    Really? Thats interesting, mine were just bits of strap with an adjuster so you could make them longer or shorter which fitted into the original shoulder strap, wonder why they changed what they sent out. To be honest you could probably make what they sent me out but they work so I'm not complaining.

Do you know which year yours was made in care bear? The one i have now was 2011 and that does have longer straps than the 2010 model (no idea about the 2012 model though sorry).

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I must have a 2011 model because i'd not really noticed that the straps are too short and not had a problem myself. Mind you most of my mindee's have been quite dainty so this might be more likely the reason lol!
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onceinabluemoon View Post
    Really? Thats interesting, mine were just bits of strap with an adjuster so you could make them longer or shorter which fitted into the original shoulder strap, wonder why they changed what they sent out. To be honest you could probably make what they sent me out but they work so I'm not complaining.

Do you know which year yours was made in care bear? The one i have now was 2011 and that does have longer straps than the 2010 model (no idea about the 2012 model though sorry).
    I have the 2010 model x

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoopsie yes I meant 2010 model with shorter straps then they changed them in 2011 xx
    xx