Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tandam buggy + board or buggy pod?

Hello, any experience with adding a buggy board or buggy pod to a tandam double buggy? I have a basic Mothercare tandam (few years old). I love it as it is, but if I could add another seat/board it would allow me to take another little mindee (in Sept will have a 16mth old and a 20mth old). Any experience? Thanks x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used a tandem buggy with a buggy pod, with limited success! I had a 3 wheeler tandem & it was very unsteady with the buggy pod on and almost tipped the whole thing over when I went round corners.

I sold it to a minder who used it on a 4 wheel tandem and it was fine for her.

I did like it & think I'd have stuck with it if I'd had a different tandem.

I did also try a buggy board on a tandem and found it didn't really work well. It was uncomfortable for the mindee on the board and very hard for me to push.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I have used a tandem buggy with a buggy pod, with limited success! I had a 3 wheeler tandem & it was very unsteady with the buggy pod on and almost tipped the whole thing over when I went round corners.

I sold it to a minder who used it on a 4 wheel tandem and it was fine for her.

I did like it & think I'd have stuck with it if I'd had a different tandem.

I did also try a buggy board on a tandem and found it didn't really work well. It was uncomfortable for the mindee on the board and very hard for me to push.
    Hi Mouse
    Do you mind if I ask which 3 wheel tandam you used the pod with please? I am thinking of trading in my double nipper for the phil and teds and planning to get a pod , I have tried the Lots of baby triple and I am not too happy with it so I need an alternative. If it works the phil and teds + pod could be a great soloution
    Thank you

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little Pickles View Post
    Hi Mouse
    Do you mind if I ask which 3 wheel tandam you used the pod with please? I am thinking of trading in my double nipper for the phil and teds and planning to get a pod , I have tried the Lots of baby triple and I am not too happy with it so I need an alternative. If it works the phil and teds + pod could be a great soloution
    Thank you
    I used it with a Jane Powertwin, which I have to be honest I found a bit tippy anyway.

Have you looked on the website to see if it's compatible with a P&T?

As I said, I did like it when we were walking in a straight line, just not round corners! The only thing I did was make sure I went up & down dips in pavements when I crossed roads.

It was a bit of a pain to fit initially & I had to find Youtube videos to help, but once it's on it's easy. I didn't want a triple buggy as I didn't need 3 seats every day, so the buggy pod was ideal for that. I could either take it off completely (leaving the clips on the pushchair, so it went straight back on), or leave it folded on the side of the pushchair.

At first I thought it looked a bit small, but my 2yr old mindee fitted in it comfortably. The only real negative was the raincover - it was useless!

Post Thanks / Like

I used it with a Jane Powertwin, which I have to be honest I found a bit tippy anyway.

Have you looked on the website to see if it's compatible with a P&T?

As I said, I did like it when we were walking in a straight line, just not round corners! The only thing I did was make sure I went up & down dips in pavements when I crossed roads.

It was a bit of a pain to fit initially & I had to find Youtube videos to help, but once it's on it's easy. I didn't want a triple buggy as I didn't need 3 seats every day, so the buggy pod was ideal for that. I could either take it off completely (leaving the clips on the pushchair, so it went straight back on), or leave it folded on the side of the pushchair.

At first I thought it looked a bit small, but my 2yr old mindee fitted in it comfortably. The only real negative was the raincover - it was useless!
    Thank you for the speedy reply !
    I will do a bit more research ! Best wishes

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome. I'm always happy to talk pushchairs. I'm sure I'm only a childminder so I can keep buying them

Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome. I'm always happy to talk pushchairs. I'm sure I'm only a childminder so I can keep buying them
    Ha ha you and me both !! I get micky taken out of me by friends for my pushchair collection !!! But in my defence I do use them a lot !!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, me too! My husband just rolls his eyes now when I tell him I've bought a new one

Jan 91
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Nursery Nurse
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a Nipper Twin 360 with a Bibi Strolli Rider when I need to seat 3 little ones. Works well andbetter than a buggy board as LO can sit down and it strapped on.

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I used the litaf buggy board with a seat on my tandem pushchair - it worked very week although it was very heavy to push.

My friend has a phil and teds that she uses with a buggy pod - she loves it!
    Francine X

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I found that my 2 y o on the smurph buggy pod on the phil and ted sports was too heavy and toppled the pushchair and made the screws loose on the attachment. I think weight restrictions specify it's for little ones only...it seems to flimsy to protect a baby though ... Bit worried what to do as need a three seated after half term.
    'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' ( Tom Robinson)

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jadavi View Post
    I found that my 2 y o on the smurph buggy pod on the phil and ted sports was too heavy and toppled the pushchair and made the screws loose on the attachment. I think weight restrictions specify it's for little ones only...it seems to flimsy to protect a baby though ... Bit worried what to do as need a three seated after half term.
    My friend does put her lightest in the buggy pod - he is 10 months old.
    Francine X

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

hello ~ fellow pram addict here

i currently use my p&t sport with a smorph 2 buggy pod. its fab

the maxi lascal board also fits on the back of the p#&t but the brake doesnt work. i prefer the pod as my own 2year old wont stand on the board unless he feels like it

x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a p&t sport with a buggy pod, it's great! You have to buy the extension bar also or it won't fit. I use one of those pack-a-Mac type rain covers that fit over the child and seat as the buggy pod rain shield is rubbish.

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

i sent the extension bar back as my bro fitted it to my sport and didnt need it.

x