Thread: Variation

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Variation

Hello,

I just need a bit of advice on whether or not you think Ofsted would grant this variation. I currently look after two children who are both on flexible contracts (parents are nurses).

One contract for 8m old is limited to Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and days vary from week to week. Other contract for 1y old is 2-3 days a week out of the 5. The first parent is wanting to change her contract to being over the 5 days as no longer has childcare on Monday and Fridays. The only problem is I am already up to my 3 under 5 on these days as care for 20m old all day and her 3y old brother until lunch time. So this means I would need a variation for Monday and Friday mornings but it would only be when both flexible contracts need these days iyswim?

Would ofsted grant this variation and how long would it normally take?

Thanks

Kirsty xx

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont see why not as long as you can show them you can provide all needed by them all together! Variations in my cases have taken 2-3wks, if I havent heard from them after 2 wks I usually ring them and hurry them along

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they would - it is continuity of care.
    Debbie

Sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes under continuity of care, I have had two authorised over the last few years for similar circumstances -shift workers needing me to be available all week but only usually needing 3-4 days.

AUG 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I applied to Ofsted for a variation for one day (parent had a funeral) that was about 4 weeks ago, still haven't heard weather I could of had it. Funeral was end of april.

Post Thanks / Like

I could do with a variation as I have a grannie who is struggling to cope with one I have and mum would love me to have her more...... thing is its 3 years last January since I had my inspection and I fear asking for a variation will initiate an inspection.... it did 7 years ago when i asked
    Owners of a lovely 2 bedroom holiday cottage www.thecottagegillamoor.co.uk