Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    July 93
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Artificial grass!

My grass was mostly a muddy patch and the kids couldnt go out very often so here it is - what do you think?
    IMG_1453.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I love it

It looks really nice

How much did it cost for that area

Angel xx

July 93
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a few things done in the garden as well as the grass, such as trimming trees, clearing rubbish, block edging, laying bark chippings and he made two benches for the kids. Total cost £1850.00 I chose quite an expensive grass too

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

That is lovely, really nice. Is it soft underfoot and do they use a sort of underlay like carpet?

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks lovely, Ive just done part of my garden with artificial grass - best thing ever! No mud walked in the house and no having to cut it.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Its lovely - I priced it up but just to supply it was over a thousand pounds - plus all the preperation and laying. Maybe one day.

Jan 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was really luck there was a grant available for childminders and nurseries just before the change in gov and I managed to get a grant for artificial turf, wooden playhouse and a laptop for older children. The turf was 1500 and now 18 months later am still really happy about it
    Children are born with wings we help them to fly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kindertime View Post
    I had a few things done in the garden as well as the grass, such as trimming trees, clearing rubbish, block edging, laying bark chippings and he made two benches for the kids. Total cost £1850.00 I chose quite an expensive grass too
    Thats a really good price

I think you got a bargain because I was quoted a lot more than that when I wanted some and only about the size of your area too

Angel xx

Post Thanks / Like

It looks lovely, as does the rest of your garden! Mine really needs cutting but its soooooo wet!!! Think I may have to get a goat

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Your garden looks great!!

We are hoping to get some artificial grass too but the size we need it's going to cost mega money.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CAROLYN View Post
    It looks lovely, as does the rest of your garden! Mine really needs cutting but its soooooo wet!!! Think I may have to get a goat
    i'd quite like a goat or a sheep! DH isn't so keen though!

i have muttered about artificial grass too, but DH likes mowing it! i've got gravel & slabs where the children play, but i was even wondering about some of that rubber stuff they use in parks!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks lovely

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks lovely! We had ours done last year and it is the best thing we have done. It is like having a carpet outside, great for new walkers, rough and tumble play and keeping mud out of the house!
    Attached Images Attached Images

jumpinjen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    i'd quite like a goat or a sheep! DH isn't so keen though!

i have muttered about artificial grass too, but DH likes mowing it! i've got gravel & slabs where the children play, but i was even wondering about some of that rubber stuff they use in parks!
    I've got that under my climbing frame - it's brill, heavier than bark so doesn't walk off everywhere and it has absorbed some falls from the bigger children with no injuries- i had it from a chap on ebay that gives discounts to CM's!!!

grass looks great though - tempted for new house but have already convinced hubby to build me a playroom, think I might be pushing it with the grass too!!!

jen x

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

That looks great, I saw some at the ideal home show and I had a walk on it, sooooo lush.
    We live in an army quarter so not an option which is a real shame as ours is just one big mud/squelchy and long as I can't get out to cut it as its to wet.
    Even the rabbits had enough, his paws are now flippers it's so wet,lol. X

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks fab, our grass is moslty moss will try to talk oh around to it.

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kindertime View Post
    that looks lovely - please can you give me some info regarding how many square metres your area is and who did it? I am seriously considering having it done - I have had NoMow to my house ewho have provided a quote of £2999.99 incl VAT all fitted for 53 square metres - so it would be interesting to see how that compares to yours!

I want it - looks lovely! I love the bricks around the edge too!
    Francine X

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

oh thats seriously nice - a friend of mine had hers done but I have to be honest I don't think they did nearly as good a job. I think a goat might be cheaper for me though!
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

July 93
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by francinejayne View Post
    that looks lovely - please can you give me some info regarding how many square metres your area is and who did it? I am seriously considering having it done - I have had NoMow to my house ewho have provided a quote of £2999.99 incl VAT all fitted for 53 square metres - so it would be interesting to see how that compares to yours!

I want it - looks lovely! I love the bricks around the edge too!
    I think that's actually a good price. Mine was cheap as the landscaper hadn't done it before so I think under quoted me a bit. It was 30sq metres and the grass was 27.00 per sq metre. I would definety go for the best grass you can afford.

July 93
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vickster View Post
    It looks lovely! We had ours done last year and it is the best thing we have done. It is like having a carpet outside, great for new walkers, rough and tumble play and keeping mud out of the house!
    Thanks! Do you need to sweep or clean it much? I noticed bird poo on mine already! Grrrr!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast