Please Help me with my first ever Variation
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Please Help me with my first ever Variation

Hi I havent a clue what to do have two under 5 on friday just got new parent with a 2 year old and a 4 year old who starts full time school in sept so need a variation, so i can look after the older child until sept when she will be classed as an over. The variation form dosent seem to accomodate this scenario, only if you already have sibling or its continuity for your other mindees. i dont know what to do.

I would appreciate some good advice ;-)

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

they don't normally give variations for new business. I do know someone who did get it granted as it was for two children from the same family and mum did not want to split them, the childminder put it down as continuity of care and explained in the box why.

good luck x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

you might as you DO have a space and these are siblings plus older child is nearly a rising 5. you've got nothing to lose by asking.

Or ask mum if you can start one of them first then you can ask for a variation for the sibling in a few weeks

good luck xx
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's worth a try, but the Ofsted info is quite specific that they won't grant a variation on the grounds of continuity of care to take on siblings if you don't have the necessary space (ie if you don't have 2 spaces, you can't take on 2 siblings, citing continuity of care).

As someone else had said, the only way round it is to take on one child, then after a while apply for a variation to take on the other.

july11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for your replies

Thanks for your post I really appreciate it, I told Ofsted it would be for continuity of care for the children I already mind as in july one is leaving and one is dropping a day so I will only have two mindees on a thursday and friday, and therefore I will have to stop being a childminder so I can get full time employment and then my two mindees will then have to go to another minder.
    I will keep my fingers crossed :-)

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDigits View Post
    Thanks for your post I really appreciate it, I told Ofsted it would be for continuity of care for the children I already mind as in july one is leaving and one is dropping a day so I will only have two mindees on a thursday and friday, and therefore I will have to stop being a childminder so I can get full time employment and then my two mindees will then have to go to another minder.
    I will keep my fingers crossed :-)
    Good luck. Let us know how it goes