Sibling with vomiting bug
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sibling with vomiting bug

Ugh!!! Mindee had it last week fortunately between the days she was
    Due to come but when mum arrived she said the baby was down with it. She is here now and presumably not contagious since she has
    Had it but it got me thinking.. Isn't it a shame we can't exclude cos it's in the house?!! Especially with this bug as you are contagious before showing any symptoms!! Don't know what my point is rely just have a fear of the vomiting bug and my little one makes her first communion next Saturday so hope we don't come down with it!!!

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm totally with you on this one. I always go into panic mode if somebody in the household comes down with a sickness bug. Last week a baby I look after had it at the weekend but passed it onto her big brother who then passed it onto my son.

I know it's not feasible or practical to exclude a child if somebody in their house has it but I wish it was and there would be a lot less of it going around if parents were a bit more sensible and kept their kids at home when ill.

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm the same - whenever a mindee tells me their sibling or parent has a sickness bug I think

Post Thanks / Like

Glad its not just me who lives in fear of these sickness bugs ! When they are in the mindee's families I find myself looking ahead to see what I would need to cancel if we get it !! We had one awful one a few years ago that wiped our family out for nearly 10 days over new year it was so bad

Post Thanks / Like

Mindee had really yucky nappy this am too