Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    Whereabouts are you?

I am looking for outside toys

Playmobil

Anything for the garden, display, learning letters etc

Wooden/natural resources
    If you're like me and have a wooden shed in your garden, I had the idea of sticking shiny plastic door numbers to each panel, thus numbering the panels 1 to 10 horizontally, then drawing dots in big chalks under each door number in different colours; so 1 had one dot, 2 has two dots, etc. Then I got some cup hooks and put 5 pairs of used Crocs on them (5 pairs, hung two at a time at the narrow side, one pair above the other arranged from the biggest down to the smallest pair beside the door, all in different colours). The children love this, and we can also take the crocs off and use them for throwing into a big trug type bucket from the pound shop, which I put in the middle of the garden as part of a counting game. We have hours of fun doing this. We can also use the crocs to try to water the plants. It doesn't work, but the children love dipping them into a bucket of water, as they think they will hold water, then they laugh when it pours out everywhere and makes crazy patterns. (A lovely summer activity that costs very little - plus it helps us do counting to 10, colour matching, matching pairs, talking about the different sizes etc. They can also help me by trying to put each pair back in the right places. I haven't labelled their positions with labels with the colour's name written on it, nor have I yet written the word that corresponds to each door number, but now I think about it, that might be a nice touch!)

It's just a daft idea, but I like cobbling together resources out of nothing as I was brought up in the 70s when most of the families around were unemployed, skint, and my Dad's favourite mantra when I asked for a toy that I'd seen on TV was: "All children need is fresh air and a good imagination. You've got loads of those, so go and play!" Those were the days!

2. Likes Dragonfly, mum67 liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

For sale - ELC fireman dress up costume with helmet & plastic case with accessories £15 Ono

ELC police man dress up costume with helmet & plastic case with accessories £15 Ono

ELC nurses dress up outfit with case & accessories £10 Ono

ELC vets dress up outfit with case & accessories £10 Ono

Collection from stockton on tees or can post for extra, can send pics if interested xx

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

For sale plastic foldable construction table with tools, helmet & 2x ELC builders vests £15 Ono. Collection from stockton on tees or can post for extra xx

image-2822932913.jpg

image-3563530129.jpg

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

For sake

Ikea trofast unit in white with 6 large red inserts - open to offers

Ikea wooden kitchen with ikea pans & utensils - open to offers

Collection from stockton on tees xx

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

For sale 2x double side by side mamas & papas pushchairs - open to offers collection from stockton on tees can take photos if interested xx

Post Thanks / Like

I might be interested in a pushchair, the trofast unit, the tuff spot trays and a few other bits. What sort are the pushchairs? Do you have a rough price in mind for these all as I'm a bit limited on funds and don't want to waste your time if they are going to cost too much anyway. Thanks

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Any NCMA / pacey attendance registers, used ??

Sep 12
    Post Thanks / Like

do you have any happy land left and also any dolls stuff please?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12