Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default All cm things for sale in 4 weeks!!

Hi all. I have decided to give up minding and have written out my notice to hand to parents tomorrow. I live in Newcastle and before I sell all my stuff on ebay I was wondering if any local cm was wanting to buy any of it. If you are new to minding or just need some more things I will be selling all my stuff in 4 weeks when I finish. Just give me a shout if you want more info I have only been minding 7 months so things look practically new.

2. Likes catlyn liked this post
    Dec 13
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Would love a list and prices of things you have, I'm due my pre-reg soon so still yet to buy a lot of stuff xx

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely post a list Hun...
    Am not near you but anything that could be posted would be great

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck with your new ventures - what are you going to do?
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely post a list here first

Good luck with whatever you're going to be doing in the future

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I will defiantly post a list in the next week or 2. I am not sure what I am going to do. Tbh I am giving notice without a future plan in place. I am fed up of the parents I have blatantly lying to my face about things and then tripping themselves up at a later date by forgetting their lies. I feel very uncertain at the moment with Ofsted and feel that all your hard work can be undone with one false malicious call to them. I don't feel like I am the boss of my own business or in charge of my own home. Think I would rather go out to work, at least then I can have my home back.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CLL View Post
    Thanks guys. I will defiantly post a list in the next week or 2. I am not sure what I am going to do. Tbh I am giving notice without a future plan in place. I am fed up of the parents I have blatantly lying to my face about things and then tripping themselves up at a later date by forgetting their lies. I feel very uncertain at the moment with Ofsted and feel that all your hard work can be undone with one false malicious call to them. I don't feel like I am the boss of my own business or in charge of my own home. Think I would rather go out to work, at least then I can have my home back.
    I know how you feel about Ofsted - I am so bogged down with paperwork and constantly updating policies to cover myself that at the moment a job on the till in Asda is starting to sound attractive - however all the parents I have at the moment are fantastic and I couldn't give them notice.

Why don't you just give notice to the parents who are causing you bother - tell them that for family reasons you are cutting down, then in a couple of months advertise their spaces again - you have worked so hard and have achieved Outstanding, it seems a shame to give it all up. There are so lovely parents out there who would jump at having a childminder like you - you just seem to have found some dishonest ones!

9. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It may be worth keeping your registration active - upto 3 years with no children on roll I believe is possible - just in case your circumstances change in that time and you decide that actually, it was the parents you needed to get rid off, not the job

You would need to continue paying the registration fee, insurance, and keep on top of your first aid, during that period, but that's a small price to pay as it would save you having to do the whole registration process all over again if you did decide to return to childminding at a later date.

Sometimes, just taking time out, reflecting, and making changes to the way we do things, makes for an easier life

I did resign my registration, and I regretted it when the company I worked for went pop almost 3 years to the day. Had my registration still been in place I'd have been able to start up straight away. As it was, I had to wait to get on a CYPOP course, do the whole registration process with DBS and medical (and the costs involved) and it took 12 months from deciding to come back to getting registered again - the lack of an income during this time was crippling!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

11. Likes hectors house, Goatgirl liked this post
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, handing notice went well this morning. Decided to go along the lines of 'due to personal circumstances I have decided to close'. I thought it best to just be professional and end on an amicable note. I have even said if they find care earlier I will waive notice period. I will keep my registration going as you have mentioned, just incase. It has been a lesson learned if I did it again I would be much more clearer about my sickness policy at the start and explain they may need to take quite a lot of time off as young children are often ill.

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I am in Gateshead and have only been registered a few months. I would love to see a list of the stuff you have x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CLL View Post
    Thank you, handing notice went well this morning. Decided to go along the lines of 'due to personal circumstances I have decided to close'. I thought it best to just be professional and end on an amicable note. I have even said if they find care earlier I will waive notice period. I will keep my registration going as you have mentioned, just incase. It has been a lesson learned if I did it again I would be much more clearer about my sickness policy at the start and explain they may need to take quite a lot of time off as young children are often ill.
    Glad your keeping your registration going for now

I gave up years ago for a year ...came back stronger

Hope things work out for you

Angel xxx

15. Likes emmamc liked this post
    Sept 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps you have been a little unlucky with the families you have? Sometimes the negatives of this job can drag you into a downwards spiral.
    If you could afford it what about a clean break for a couple of months to recharge and start afresh with some new families?
    Either way I think it's a very good idea to keep your registration going.

Really hope it all works out for you.

17. Likes Ballette liked this post