NEF funded places
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NEF funded places

I have only just started childminding and have applied to offer NEF funded places. I have started the registration process and have an account set up but wondered when you get paid? I have taken on a child on think2 funding and have been told I can backdate my claim but am worried about how long I will have to wait before I get any money.

Thanks for any help.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to speak to your local authority as they all work differently. With ours you can't backdate a claim. If you don't have the child registered by the cut off date you have to wait until the next term to claim for them. We get sent a timetable of funding dates ( when claims have to be made, when you get paid etc), and I'd have thought most LAs would at least do that.

Do make sure you understand exactly what they tell you to do as people have made mistakes before and ended up not being paid for work they've done.