Using the payment for another week
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Using the payment for another week

Hello everyone, I have a parent. They are moving and they gave me notice for 4 weeks till 3rd of April. They want to use the following week instead of this week. And I told them that the payment was till the 3rd April. Do you think I am doing right?

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faydin View Post
    Hello everyone, I have a parent. They are moving and they gave me notice for 4 weeks till 3rd of April. They want to use the following week instead of this week. And I told them that the payment was till the 3rd April. Do you think I am doing right?
    Have they given you a good reason to extend their notice?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends what it says in your contract.

I assume they are off this week, but pay for their time off, so want to swap this week for next week instead? I make it clear that I don't swap unused days. If they took this week off it would still need to be paid for, then if they came next week they would have to pay the extra.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks that's what I thought. Yes we agreed on the days that they didn't use, they still have to pay. I reminded that to them and they said that's fine. They just wanted to try their chance as all parents do the same. But I sometimes say okay to those who are funded by 2 year old programme. But I know I shouldn't do that.
    Also do I charge my daily fee on top of my usual school day fee if they say they will pay £75 on that day. My daily fee is normally £50 and after school care is £25. When she said she will pay £75 on the day I was a bit confused

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faydin View Post
    Thanks that's what I thought. Yes we agreed on the days that they didn't use, they still have to pay. I reminded that to them and they said that's fine. They just wanted to try their chance as all parents do the same. But I sometimes say okay to those who are funded by 2 year old programme. But I know I shouldn't do that.
    Also do I charge my daily fee on top of my usual school day fee if they say they will pay £75 on that day. My daily fee is normally £50 and after school care is £25. When she said she will pay £75 on the day I was a bit confused
    Again, it really depends what it says in your contract. If your daily rate is £50 for say, 8am - 5.30pm and after school rate is £25 for 3.30-5.30pm, then I would charge the full day rate of £50 if they came for a whole day in the holidays. I wouldn't charge both fees unless the £50 day rate only covers until 3.30pm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Have they given you a good reason to extend their notice?
    Yes their moving date wasn't certain now they know they are moving next week

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Again, it really depends what it says in your contract. If your daily rate is £50 for say, 8am - 5.30pm and after school rate is £25 for 3.30-5.30pm, then I would charge the full day rate of £50 if they came for a whole day in the holidays. I wouldn't charge both fees unless the £50 day rate only covers until 3.30pm.
    Yes I will charge the daily rate. Thanks for your help.