Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Childcare Vouchers - age limit?

Can someone answer this one for me, please?

What is the age limit on a child for their parents to be allowed to pay using childcare vouchers?

I've only ever had them for EY children (plus one parent who had a combined bill for 1 EY child and 1 at infant school.)

Can they be used for schoolies?

How far through school can they go and still pay by CVs?

I saw somewhere that the limit will be 12 years old once the new tax-free childcare scheme is phased in. Does that age limit apply to the current scheme too?

Thanks in advance.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This is from the website of one of the companies I'm registered wit:

To be exempt from tax and NI for Childcare Vouchers:

Your child must be under 15 (until 1st September following their 15th birthday) or if your child is disabled, under 16 (until 1st September following their 16th birthday)

I can't quite figure out what it means!

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I will have to check. I know when I was working full time (I do now but I mean leaving the house to go to work!) I could apply for childcare vouchers with my job providing I was paying for childcare. Unless you have a disabled/special needs child, I can't imagine anyone else wanting child care once the child reaches teens. I did have an enquiry (via a friend) of a local woman wanting childcare in the morning for her 14 year old boy. This was a normal teen with no additional needs and I found it strange that he was incapable of getting his own breakfast and walking to the bus stop! I didn't particularly want a 14 year old boy for an hour every morning so politely declined!

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
    This was a normal teen with no additional needs and I found it strange that he was incapable of getting his own breakfast and walking to the bus stop! I didn't particularly want a 14 year old boy for an hour every morning so politely declined!
    I have a 14yr old - this woman is not on her own

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a 13 yr old who comes for 1/2 hr two mornings a week. Admittedly he comes with baby sibling but mum says if left at home would forget to shut/lock front door and that would be if he remembered to get his bus to school and didn't miss it!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they wanted them carwd for so they knew they'd be on the bus to school rather than be tempted to go back to bed!

7. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Simona Guest