Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Holiday Club Fees

Hi there,
    I'm not actually registered yet, but have had Ofsted visit yesterday and everything went well. I want to start minding in time for the Summer holidays and tap into those parent's who need someone to mind their children during this period.

I think my usual childminding fees will be £32.50 for full day and £4.50 per hour and I plan to open from 8am to 6pm, but the daily rate seems a lot for a holiday club. I was thinking of charging £20 per day for 9am to 3:30pm for holiday club, what do you think? Should I have a special price or just stick to my normal daily/hourly fees? Also, do you have one price for all ages or do you think I should charge less for the over 8s?

Any advice on fees would be appreciated, I'm going round in circles thinking of different scenarios and need someone with fresh eyes to get me on track!

I want to work mainly with the before/after school & holiday care due to the ages of my own children (1 & 3), although I'll have space for an EY child...better stop my post here, otherwise I'll start waffling!

Thanks in advance,
    Claire

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

as with everything it depends on what others charge in your area - and what competition you have from school holiday clubs etc.
    what I would say is dont charge less for over 8s
    You will be amazed how much hard work the older ones can be ..and how much they can eat!!
    I dont have a lot of afterschool / holiday children due to a strong afterschool club in our village - Im not willing to drop my prices to match theirs as I believe my service is superior in terms of individual needs and attention.

Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I think you may struggle to compete with either the cost or the allure of the holiday clubs for the over eights (and over eights are hard work, especially if you need to juggle their needs with caring for a baby or toddler). But you may be able to score points with parents by being able to cater for siblings one of whom is too young for holiday club, or by offering more flexible hours than the clubs can, or by catering better for children with special needs. It is difficult knowing what to offer but I would say if there is a successful holiday club already up and running, look at offering something they can't or don't want to do. Good luck with it, whatever you decide.

Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. There's a lot to think about!

Post Thanks / Like

I would check out the prices of holiday clubs in your area and also what's included in the price before you decide if it's worthwhile for you to do. I agree with the others comments about over eights too.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!