Advise on how to charge
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jul 84
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advise on how to charge

New parent doing shifts, days will vary each week and most days will be split, child coming in morning then dad picking up child mid morning returning her to me about 1.30
    Advise please What would you charge

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i would personally not do this. they are doing this to save money, which I understand, but how confusing for the child

I'd say you only have 3 under 5 spaces and need to fill them so they might as well leave child for the full day as you'd need to charge for those hours anyway.

if it is an early start for the morning drop I'd charge 50p/£1 more than your normal rate say before 0800 and charge more for after 1800.

good luck
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Oct 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure the dad collecting mid morning and then bringing the child back would work very well, could be quite unsettling for the child.

I charge a minimum number of hours a week for shift workers that they pay for whether they are used or not and then top up with any extra hours.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I would just charge for the full day, how long is the LO going to be away from your house for?

It's going to be a real annoyance for you, what happens when you want to go out for the day but you can't because you've got to hang about waiting for this LO to be picked up then dropped back off?

Jul 84
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks these are all thoughts I have been having I need to work out what is best for all of us.
    It is the child that I think will find it difficult as she is only 8 months

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If the child could come for any day of the week, then she is effectively taking up a whole space, isn't she? So I'd charge a minimum number of hours to reflect that.

I don't think I'd entertain the split days at all though, as I would very quickly resent being tied to the house in the mornings, especially when the mornings she attends vary - it would be hard to regularly attend any playgroups etc.