Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    sep-09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

could work hmm we leave at 8.30 and baby G has her bottle at 10 so that would work. Baby B has his when ever hes with me 1 day a week and mummy doesnt do routines at all. sometimes he wants a bottle at 9.30 sometimes at 11.30 and sometimes he doesnt want one at all and sometimes he wants both feeds.

Mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Having breastfed, I never appreciated how much work is involved in bottlefeeding until I took on my baby mindee. But it seems I've not even been doing enough. I assumed that if I followed the manufacturers instructions to the letter, and used good hygiene, I would be fine. It doesn't explain on the formula packaging that the water has to be over 70 degrees, which is quite surprising. It also doesn't say the milk needs to be cooled within 15 minutes. If the risk is so high, surely the formula company would need to cover themselves legally by explaining all this?

I think if a baby is being demand fed, and the parent does not want you to set up a (slightly flexible) routine, then they should accept that it is impractical for you to use powdered formula.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I had concerns about how a parent wanted me to store bottle feeds last year so I said I would provide ready-to-use cartons (I didn't feel I could ask them to provide as they are expensive).

That child's now left my setting but I now have 2 other little ones and from the outset I said I would provide the cartons as I find them so easy and no need to worry about storing them. Both these little ones are part-time so normally only use 2 each per week so it's not that expensive (and the cost goes through my accounts).

If a child is full-time it would cost quite a lot to do this which is why I don't think you could expect parents to provide it - a bonus if they offer to though!
    Cazz x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12