Contractual fees - late payment, late collection etc.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Contractual fees - late payment, late collection etc.

Hi,

I am a new childminder and want to get my head around all the fees mentioned in the NCMA contracts. I muddled through the contract with the parent (who is thankfully a known friend) the first time but wanted to check with regards to the hidden rates the NCMA talk about in their contracts (I have my hourly £4.50 - £5, daily £42 and weekly £190 rate set and I'm happy with it).

So please can I have help on roughly what the following should be:

1. Early delivery / late collection fee? (is there a common amount?)
    2. Late payment fee? (is this a percentage perhaps?)
    3. Occassional Overnight Care? (I'm registered to have 1 overnighter)
    4. I was thinking of charging double time for a bank holiday if required does that sound ok?

Thanks so much for your input, I want to sound far more confident when doing my next contract on Wednesday.

A.

Nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Early delivery / late collection fee? (is there a common amount?).....
    I charge £3 per 30 minutes before 8am

2. Late payment fee? (is this a percentage perhaps?)...
    £5 or any amount you choose to get parents to pay

3. Occassional Overnight Care? (I'm registered to have 1 overnighter).....my friend charges £70?? not sure if going rate

4. I was thinking of charging double time for a bank holiday if required does that sound ok? don't work B. hols so don't charge x

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I set my charge at £5 per 15 minutes. Never used it- I agreed with one parent to charge differently as she knew she would be early/ late and didn't want to pay so much. Should never have agreed to it. No other parent has ever been early/ late aside from the odd occasion with a phone call and apology, so I didn't charge them anything.

£10 per day. Again never used it, one parent paid late once but as she was usually very good I didn't charge.

3. Occassional Overnight Care?
    I'm not registered for overnight so haven't thought about it.

4. I was thinking of charging double time for a bank holiday if required does that sound ok?
    Yes I charge double for bank holidays- have only ever had to work one bank holiday, for siblings so it was well worth it for the extra money.

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I charge £5 for every 15mins
    2. I charge £10 per day including weekends
    3. I don't do over night care
    4. I don't work BH's but if I ever did I would charge double time.

HTH
    Toothfairy

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBuds View Post
    Hi,

I am a new childminder and want to get my head around all the fees mentioned in the NCMA contracts. I muddled through the contract with the parent (who is thankfully a known friend) the first time but wanted to check with regards to the hidden rates the NCMA talk about in their contracts (I have my hourly £4.50 - £5, daily £42 and weekly £190 rate set and I'm happy with it).

So please can I have help on roughly what the following should be:

I charge double time for drop off before 7am.. Late collection begins after 15 minutes and is my usual 1 hour rate, per 15 minutes

I charge £10 if payments are late... This charge is incurred 24 hours after payment is due. It also increases every 24 hours... sounds harsh but I have never had a late payment yet

3. Occassional Overnight Care? (I'm registered to have 1 overnighter)
    I dont offer over night care, but would probably charge around £50 mark from 7pm to 7am

Yes this is what I do... It is a public holiday after all... either that or take a paid holiday day

Thanks so much for your input, I want to sound far more confident when doing my next contract on Wednesday.

A.
    When I did my first contract I was sooooo nervous, but luckily parent had never used a CM before and knew I was newly registered and we battled it together

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thanks everyone, this is really useful and I followed suit with the prices you suggested and they seemed fine with that, and I'm happy too .

I think I'll go with £50 for overnight care (thanks EmmaReed), there is just one family who may need it so want to be ready with a price if they ask. Not many people seem to offer this service, I suppose with bigger families and more regular day clients than I, it doesnt fit in.