Post Thanks / Like

at least Dick Turpin wore a mask !!!

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default doctor fees

I paid £21 for a single line telling Ofsted I had filled in the date wrong on my form and not forgetting the all important signature!worked out £4 per word!!!!!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

yep...mine are charging me £83.00 for the form even though I gave it to them 8 weeks ago and still haven't got it back.....I have steam of anger coming out of both ears, unacceptable really!!!

XxxX

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kaz's Kid'z View Post
    yep...mine are charging me £83.00 for the form even though I gave it to them 8 weeks ago and still haven't got it back.....I have steam of anger coming out of both ears, unacceptable really!!!

XxxX
    I would be asking EXACTLY what the £83 is paying for!! I would also ask if they think it is acceptable to charge so much and take 8 WEEKS to complete it when some places can charge £20 and have it done within a few days!!

Ask to speak to the practice manager and make a complaint about how long it is taking. You are paying for a service that they are failing to provide... What if it take 16 weeks? 20 weeks?

I would not stand for it. Some greedy doctor wanting stupid sums of money to look at a medical record and write a few lines... Disgusting really when you think how much they get paid

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I paid £90 - i was gobsmacked! this was 6 months ago, am just taking on some mindees so doesn't feel so bad now but there seemed to be a lot of costs beforehand ie first aid courses etc. hopefully now the money will be coming in.

OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You actually were very lucky, when I was teaching the old introduction to childminding students reported fees that varried between £10 and £140

They can charge what they want unfortunately

Allie

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

i paid £102 for mine

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't have to get this done but I'm in Scotland. Is this a new thing? I think fees will probably be set by each individual practice. We now have this PVG thing which is £59 instead of Disclosure Scotland which used to be £28. It just puts people off, all these fees.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaReed84 View Post
    I would be asking EXACTLY what the £83 is paying for!! I would also ask if they think it is acceptable to charge so much and take 8 WEEKS to complete it when some places can charge £20 and have it done within a few days!!

Ask to speak to the practice manager and make a complaint about how long it is taking. You are paying for a service that they are failing to provide... What if it take 16 weeks? 20 weeks?

I would not stand for it. Some greedy doctor wanting stupid sums of money to look at a medical record and write a few lines... Disgusting really when you think how much they get paid
    I did asked the receptionist when I needed mine filling in 2 years ago, had loads of problems as when I first inquired by telephone I was told it would cost me £25.00, when I dropped it in to the surgery I was then told that I had been misinformed by the young secretary and it would be £85.00!!! I was outraged, told the secretary that was a big price difference and could she explain the cost, her reply `The doctor doesn`t have to do this for you, you know its not part of her job description, she is a very busy person and has a life outside work and if you expect her to take the time to look at your records and then fill out a form for you, you have to pay for the privilage!!!
    I argued with the practice manager and they did drop the price down to £50.00 which I had no choice but to pay... When I next made an appointment to see my doctor, I spoke to her and she knew nothing about it and said if I had just brought it in to her she would have done it for me during an appointment time and for free ()...
    My advice to anyone is speak to your doctor regarding your health form, dont bother with the secretary`s or practice managers as they are money grabbers!!!!

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My GP wanted £88 but I negotiated with him and explained that I wasnt earning any money and other GP's in the area were only charging £25 and he did it for that in the end.

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't get charged for mine
    Toothfairy

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default UPDATE

Hi all, Happy New Year to everybody. Just to update you all. I took form to doctors explained I wasnt earning at the moment etc...and was told. "That'll be £44.50 please." Gutted!

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    Mine was £25 and I really grudged paying that for what is essentially a tick in a box and their signature!
    That's the thing, I havn't seen a gp (apart from through having a baby) for 10yrs, so my form would of taken 30 seconds and it was £50, what's that all about?. X

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

£75 for me

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default doctors charges

some one on here posted that they had found in black and white in gp guidelines that the most doctors are allowed to charge is about £44, i cant believe how much people are charged, often at a time when you are trying to get registered to be able to make some money, and i was absolutely skint when the time came to pay for mine, luckily a friend lent me some money to pay for this and ofsted fee i will be eternally gratefull to them as its not a cheap process, we have done everything the cheapest way and we have still spent around £350 on training joining fees insurance ect which you have to have x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12