Childminding lack of children due to recession?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a few inquiries a week.. am full to bursting, and ever so grateful for that. No one is giving up work here it seems.
    Jen

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in a London suburb and it is so quiet here, I am as full as I want to be but only from repeat business and had been advertising a 2 day vacancy since last November and only just filled it again with would you believe the child who left in the first place's mum going back to work again!
    I also work in a Childrens Centre and everyone knows their jobs are safe for a year but are really worried for next year as so many cuts have already been introduced and closures forecast. Gloomy outlook I'm afraid.

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I think it has gone quieter. Not sure if that is because the government has changed the advertising of our vacancies though. It is supposed to go back to something like the old system again.

Aug 03
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a bit of everything near me. Childminders have vacancies and a new day nursery is opening in the area. Yet I know of 3 newly registered minders and another 5 to be registered in the new year. As well as the redundancies etc. Why oh why are they registering more minders when there are spaces by the dozen to be filled???

Hence after giving birth to my youngest son in March, I had a grand total of 6 days off. Working up till 9 hours before I gave birth at 13 days overdue, All through the fear of losing children I wouldn't get back!!!

April11
    Post Thanks / Like

hi all, I'm also in the south west and only started minding in september. I'm having to turn work away constantly...at least 1 a week! It seems by looking at the posts that the south west is where the work is at the moment. I've already had a lady sign on with me for next september as all other childminders/nurseries in the area are full! Sorry to hear so many of you are not getting the work as easily. I'm sure things will pick up...we just have to hang in there until it does.

Oct 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got registered in a last 2 weeks been looking for children but got nothing yet. Keep trying as I dont want to be out of job just before Christmas...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12