Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice RE charging in advance

Hi all

I have a little boy starting with me in January. He will only be doing one day a week with me. I have already stated in my policies which Mum has read that fees will be due in advance. When should I ask for the fees to be paid though? He is coming for 2 hours settling in on 4th January and then starting properly on 10th January. Would you ask for the 10th fees on the 4th or would you accept them each Thursday morning as he arrives? I am confussed! Lol

Thanks

Debbie

Dec '06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    V Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Advice RE charging in advance

Hi, personnaly I would let her pay on the morning that she drops the child off , ie:- 10th Jan and take payment for the whole month, 4 days.

Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I agree.

I get paid in advance for the week on the first contracted day of the week.

So if the child attends a mon, tues and wed they have to pay for all 3 days on the monday morning

xxx

Nov 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds such a good idea banana, all of my parents pay monthly in arrears mainly by standing order although in future when i take any new mindees on i intend to charge weekly / monthly in advance !#

Cheryl x

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by berkschick View Post
    Hi all

I have a little boy starting with me in January. He will only be doing one day a week with me. I have already stated in my policies which Mum has read that fees will be due in advance. When should I ask for the fees to be paid though? He is coming for 2 hours settling in on 4th January and then starting properly on 10th January. Would you ask for the 10th fees on the 4th or would you accept them each Thursday morning as he arrives? I am confussed! Lol

Thanks

Debbie
    dear debbie
    i too charge in advance and i always ask for it on the last day of the month before, in your case i would ask for it on the 4th for the month ahead but next month on the last day of jan for feb if in cash if by cheque a week before the end of the month so it clears in time hope this helps
    rascal

Dec 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Cheryl....

You are taking a big gamble being paid in arrears.... especially monthly. Im not criticising the way you run your business.... I just mean I would hate for you to get stung if you were unfortunate enough for that to happen. If you are happy doing it that way then its your choice and you know the parents obviously, but definately yes... in future get your payments in advance, You never know when you might get caught out, and a whole months pay is a lot to gamble with.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    Oh Cheryl....

You are taking a big gamble being paid in arrears.... especially monthly. Im not criticising the way you run your business.... I just mean I would hate for you to get stung if you were unfortunate enough for that to happen. If you are happy doing it that way then its your choice and you know the parents obviously, but definately yes... in future get your payments in advance, You never know when you might get caught out, and a whole months pay is a lot to gamble with.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

totally agree with what Lana has said, if a parent walked you be alot of money out of pocket xxx
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with banana, I will be childminding for 2 brothers on the 2nd Jan mum starts back at work and didn't want a settling in period she will be paying me on thursday 3rd jan for the 3 day's and also advance for the following week, she knows that if payment isn't paid she will incur £5.00 late fee for every day late. jus

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jus View Post
    I agree with banana, I will be childminding for 2 brothers on the 2nd Jan mum starts back at work and didn't want a settling in period she will be paying me on thursday 3rd jan for the 3 day's and also advance for the following week, she knows that if payment isn't paid she will incur £5.00 late fee for every day late. jus
    Didn't you want a settling in period?

Amanda xx

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

She came on saturday with the 2 boy's I'll be minding to fill in all the consent forms and contract , they settled in straight away with my youngest son. she had been with another childminder and the boy's didn't want to go back to her, that's another story.

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

up until this batch of kids i have always been paid in arrears and although i had a few problems nothing which small claims didn't sort.

but now thanks to you lot i get paid in advance and it does work well
    my one day a week mum pays me in the morning for the day as she can't afford to pay for the month yet, but we are both happy with that arrangement she goes back to work properly in april so our contract will change then.

July 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I do half and half in all honestly, 2 families pay me one week in arrears, one going straight into my bank, the other 2, one month in advance, personally Im only prepared to do a week in arrears, if a parent wants to pay monthly then its in advance xx

Aug 03
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one parent that pays in advance and one that pays me weekly and then one pays me in arrears which I do not have a problem with and then I do have one that pays when she feels like it but I always no I will get it.

There is just no way around her people will pay in advance I have tried it and had no joy, I have been caught out just once when I lost the 4 weeks notice but that is the only time (touch wood).

If you can get paid in advance then I would.

Lorraine xx