How do you decide ur fees
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you decide ur fees

As title says, do u fone around and be honest with other cm? Would u charge slightly more if u were fully qualified nursery nurse with lots of experience in nursery and as a mum? Just wondering how people set their fees

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumto3 View Post
    As title says, do u fone around and be honest with other cm? Would u charge slightly more if u were fully qualified nursery nurse with lots of experience in nursery and as a mum? Just wondering how people set their fees
    Hi

Very good question, we have a whole 2 pages of advice on this for our members. I would be happy to email this to you.

Let me know if you would like me to.

Thanks

Lisa

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noble76 View Post
    Hi

Very good question, we have a whole 2 pages of advice on this for our members. I would be happy to email this to you.

Let me know if you would like me to.

Thanks

Lisa
    yes please that would be very helpful, altho im not a member, does that matter

let me know and i will pm u my email addy, thanks

mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

we just stay in line with other minders in the area, theres no point in being £1 an hour lower as that just devalues the service provided and no point in being £1 an hour over as you price yourself out the market
    its a man thing

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

there is a cm a few doors from me, she charges £4.25 for full timers and £4.75 for part timers, i was thinking of a flat rate of £4.50 per hr, we are in a good area but not sure if thats alot??

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you have to set your fees depending on your area but also on your skills and experience.
    When I started minding I had 12 years of teaching experience and I set my fees to reflect this. I know I am more expensive than some other minders in my area, but I also know the parents I have are happy to pay these fees as they feel I offer a service other mindees would not provide for their los
    Grindal

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm Glad you posted this as I am wondering the same thing!

May 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fees

We do tend to talk at the group about fees and we have all agreed to increase our fees, to reflect rising costs.

Fees tend to reflect what some minders include, such as music group, cooked lunch etc, but I am not very good at increasing my fees every year, especially for my teacher parents, some are stll on the same fee from 7 ears ago, admittedly high then, but I do get 14 weeks holiday at half fee, and most pick up by 4.30 and I am paid till 6.0pm, so am happy with that!

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

We have only 4 childminders in our village, 2 charge £3.00 per hour and the other 2 are accredited and charge £3.50 per hour. The surrounding villages are charging £3.75 - £4.00 per hour so we need to increase over the next few years to catch up. It's worth looking at what other childminders in the area charge before you decide how much to charge yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely worth trying to find out what others in the area charge - not just cm's but after school clubs, nurseries and playgroups too then you can make sure your fees are competitive.

I always try and set my fees so I don't need to increase them again for at least a year.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi would it be possible to send me a copy of the fees info please, im just waiting for Mrs O to come and have no idea where to start with fees
    I would be so very grateful thanks