Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Question ongoing from last thread now mum wants diff hours

so i asked you guys what to charge with mums hours all over place then she coming today to sign contract and said she changed her working hours to 9-3pm which im guessing she will only need me now for 1 hr each day was hoping her costs would make up for a mindee just about to leave so can anyone help me? there are 3 children 8,10,12 years all siblings what would you do? and i will also have them now hols 8-4pm and payment ideas would be great
    thanks
    Im just a littlestar *

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I didn't see your other post- Is the one hour a day before school or after school? Or is it 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after? I think i'd charge a higher rate per child, (say £4.50 instead of £3.50) and if it's 30 minutes each side i'd be charging for the full hour morning and full hour again the the afternoon. If it was only one child I wouldn't do it at all but as it's 3 and they don't count in your numbers it's worth it.
    Then for the full days in the school hols i'd be happy with my normal rate per child.

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi its school pick up then 1 hr after school thanks i need to work out a price as she turning up at 4pm to sign.
    Im just a littlestar *

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

i'd charge a minimum of 3 hours per child per day required - its not worth your while doing it for any less (infact for after schoolers I charge a min. of £50 per week regardless of hours/days needed.)
    Blessed Be!

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

is that per child? i was thinking £100 a week for all three does that sound reasonable? seems alot for 3 kids 1 hr per day but this is the amount i would like lol
    Im just a littlestar *

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

After school every day? I would tell her my afterschool rate is £10 per child per day - and be prepared to negotiate this down to £20 for all 3 which will give you your £100 per week.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would want £120 for this contract.

Don't sell yourself short
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My normal fee is £3.75 an hour I charge £4 an hour fora minumum of three hours before and after school. If I had an enquiry for just after school they have to pay for the three hours (8-0am and 3-5pm) if they want 3 hours after school but not the one before I do not charge for the extra hour-if that makes sense - but if they had 1 hour before and three after then they would pay £16. If I could let the space for before then they wouldn't be charged for the hour before school hope that makes sense
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate