Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Advice " fees for potential parent "

Hi everyone

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the lovely weather we are having !!!

Its been a while i no !!! (shame on me )

Things have been quite but i finally have someone coming to see me with view of me looking after two children 8 & 6
    hours are mon-thurs 7.30am -6.30pm before and after school term time and full time in the school hols.

I have never had any schoolies ( always had younger children ) and am wondering what to charge ??

where i live cm's charge the day rate for this as they are taking and collecting from school with also being contacted incase of sickness emergency at school
    i am wondering if i should charge the same or just for the before and after school hours ..........what do you guys do ??????

what do you guys think? any advice greatly appreciated!!!!
    start date 16th january 16st 7lb 5th feb 15st 8lb
    24th/0ct 14 stone 11lb

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

just charge before and after school, for 8 year old as its out of your ratios its upto you if you charge a retainer whilst at school for younger one. you could maybe chareg a small fee if they need you in the holidays training days etc.xx

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Around here we don't usually charge for the hours a child is at school. I just charge for the before school and after school hours. I personally don't charge a retainer for the school hols as I charge for childs holiday so even if the child doesn't come for all of the school hols I still get paid (different if it was a term-time only contract though). I charge a slightly higher hourly rate for schoolies. In your position I would charge from 7.30 till 9.00am and then from 3pm till 6.30pm. Assuming you start as early as 7.30 and work until 6.30pm if not then you need to think about charging a higher rate for the "out of hours" work.

Good luck

xxxxx

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

my hours are 8-5.30 £30 (less than £4 per hour as it is )

I usually charge £8 per hour per child( double fee) after 5pm and before 8 am which in the "norm in my village "

then again in the school holidays that is

£8 per from 7.30-8
    £30 form 8-5.30
    £8 per hour 5-6.30 = £16 per child (charged hourly)

so this amount sounds ridiculous £108 per day in the holidays

would you do a set fee ? and also there would be a huge difference during term time and non term time iv never had this situation before
    Last edited by funfunfun; 21-04-2011 at 02:49 PM.
    start date 16th january 16st 7lb 5th feb 15st 8lb
    24th/0ct 14 stone 11lb