claiming childcare whilst on maternity leave.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default claiming childcare whilst on maternity leave.

I look after 3 children from the same family, mum works full time and dad doesn't work at the moment they get 80% of their childcare paid... not sure how this works but '' dad is living at his mums at the moment '' anyway mum is pregnant with 4th and has asked is she can claim her childcare whilst on maternity leave, she can't afford to pay for it but really struggles with the children and relies on us alot? Im not sure on the answer but would presume not????

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

yes she can still claim whilst on maternity leave hun, she still classed as employed.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just had a new mum come and they stopped her tax credits when her maternity pay stopped, said she wasnt entitled as she wasnt being paid. She is now trying to get them to reinstate it. Going back full time on Monday and no its not to get out of paying me as she has borrowed the money for my first months money

jumpinjen Guest

Sorry to sound harcsh but it sounds like they're fiddling benefits anyway at the mo if "dad lives at his mums" but they are having another baby so still a couple. Makes me angry when there are plenty that struggle and stay within the law.

Jenni x

sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jumpinjen View Post
    Sorry to sound harcsh but it sounds like they're fiddling benefits anyway at the mo if "dad lives at his mums" but they are having another baby so still a couple. Makes me angry when there are plenty that struggle and stay within the law.
    I agree , I have thought that for a while and yes if he is living with his mum must be a miracle baby !!!

Thanks for your responses I will let her know xxxxx

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

When I had my 2nd daughter, I carried on sending the older one to nursery because I knew I was going back to work and didn't want her to have a break. I'm pretty sure if you just tell the tax credits about your ANNUAL income, they don't care how the income is made up. I had the whole of my last pregnancy off sick, but still got paid tax credits because I was employed, and they were only interested in how much I got up to the end of the financial year.

It does seem odd that they lived together but are now apart and having another baby, although maybe they're splitting up? I live with my kids and my partner doesn't live with us, it's not a tax fiddle, just that it works for us and I don't want to change what's working (can't imagine him and his 14 year old son living here, I'd be digging the patio up!! lol.). I've had too long on my own now
    xx

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my mindees was going to leave while mum was on maternity as she didn't think she could still get the payments - when she phoned to cancel (she is one of the many honest ones!) she found she could as she is still employed.

Mindee has cut down to 2 days from 3 but the continuity is good for him and mum gets a break - and I get to keep him on my books hopefully baby will come too later in the year
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PixiePetal View Post
    One of my mindees was going to leave while mum was on maternity as she didn't think she could still get the payments - when she phoned to cancel (she is one of the many honest ones!) she found she could as she is still employed.

Mindee has cut down to 2 days from 3 but the continuity is good for him and mum gets a break - and I get to keep him on my books hopefully baby will come too later in the year
    Same as one of my Mum's , but has been assured she will still get help as she is still employed, it would only stop if she was no longer EMPLOYED. Like you the LO will come throughout Mums mat leave and his baby sis will join him after the mat leave is over (well that's the plan now)