Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How do vouchers work?

I know this is an age old question, but ive never had them before and a possible new parent is wanting to use them.

Could anyone tell me how they work, and is it all plain sailing with them - or can they be a pain?? also is there a particular scheme I should steer claer of??

I usually take all my fees in advance is it going to be possible to do this with vouchers??

Many thanks
    Sarah xxxx

x Sarah x

Aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How do vouchers work?

Might be tricky to get paid in advance - it depends. Usually they get issued with parents pay. You have to register with the particular company - they have your bank details etc. Parents either make the call to the company and you get paid OR they issue you with a paper voucher for the amount and you call the company and they pay you into your bank.

I am registered with 3 companies - have not experienced any bad issues.

Mel

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How do vouchers work?

I am paid in advance in that I am paid by parents on the first Monday of the Month. They set up the vouchers to go into my bank account for this deadline. Only once has this not been possible and that was when a parent was paid in the middle of the month. I just had to work with it, it was £243 and it wasn' my only income.

My dd worked in 2 schools in different boroughs at one time and one paid on 15th of the month and one on the 26th of the month.

I think I'm registered with 4 companies and I haven't had any major problems. I have had paper vouchers given to me by parents which you ring in or redeem on line and then the money is paid into your account 3-4 days later, at the moment all the ones I have go direct into my bank account.