Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sunday work

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday work

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but here goes.

I am a registered Childminder. I have had an enquiry for Sunday but she lives to far away and she does not drive, so I suggested I go to her house but that would mean me being a nanny. Am I allowed to do this as I have different insurance?
    It would only be till Christmas and maybe till she passes her driving test next month.
    Also what would you charge from 9-4?

Thanks, Kelly.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday work

I would charge probably £10 per hour if I was having to go to her house. But I wouldnt take on the job, my hubby and son wouldnt let me

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    Nannies charge between £7.50 and £10 per hour depending on number of children, qualifications and ofsted reg. My hubby wouldn't let me do it either though!
    I would drive down there and collect the child/children and take them home and charge 40p per mile travel expenses and for the time it takes to drive. Your insurance will not cover you in someone elses home.
    Good luck.

0ct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

You can add nanny insurance to ncma childminder insurance for about £30, this is what I did. You can also get it from MM but i'm not sure how much it is.
    You can also put it all through the books as childminding and invoice the same, excepting vouchers as well if need be.
    The only time ofsted want to know is if you nanny more hours than you childmind and then they will inspect you as a nanny.
    But you do need to make sure you are on the voluntary register as well as the early years, I was put on automatically at the beginning but some people aren't, i'm not sure why.
    I do this for a family and started off charging £10 per hour but now charge £8 as its a regular job and I stay overnight sometimes.

Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for your all your help x
    I was thinking of charging £10 p/h as it was a Sunday.

Thanks, Kelly