Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Non refundable deposit

For those who require a non-refundable deposit to hold a vacancy, what documentation do you use other than the contract, do you get parents to sign anything else?

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Non refundable deposit

No just in the contract !!

I write it in there as a non refundable . they sign the bottom of the contract in doncaster !

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

When parents give me the deposit I give them a receipt. I write on it clearly that it is a non refundable deposit. When they sign the contracts I again state the deposit is non refundable and does not count towards fees.
    Grindal

Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

When they sign the contracts I again state the deposit is non refundable and does not count towards fees.
    So you dont take the deposit off the first weeks fees? I was thinking of asking for the first weeks fees as the deposit

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by louised View Post
    So you dont take the deposit off the first weeks fees? I was thinking of asking for the first weeks fees as the deposit

I use the deposit for settling in sessions, price of contracts, the time I spend on interviews and paperwork before a mindee starts, printing off policies, and to cover part of my ofsted and NCMA fees.

I would be reluctant to offset the first weeks fees as if a parent leaves without notice you will be out of pocket!
    Grindal

Feb 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My deposits are non refundable and that is made clear in the confirmation letter/receipt the parents receives from me. I retain the deposit not to offset the first months fees but instead to offset the last months fees. I hold the money "on account" until the child leaves me which might be 2,3 or more years. By doing this, it gives me a buffer of one full month's money in the unlikely event of non payment.

I understood that a deposit can only be used a part payment for a service and if the money is to cover non-recurring items it should be called something like "an administration fee".

Nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a childcare acceptance form that i use..... you can have copy if you want... email me cx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Millenium View Post
    My deposits are non refundable and that is made clear in the confirmation letter/receipt the parents receives from me. I retain the deposit not to offset the first months fees but instead to offset the last months fees. I hold the money "on account" until the child leaves me which might be 2,3 or more years. By doing this, it gives me a buffer of one full month's money in the unlikely event of non payment.
    This is what I do.
    Jen

Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a childcare acceptance form that i use..... you can have copy if you want... email me cx
    I have pm'd you

Apr 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep the deposit until the final day of childcare, less any outstanding payments of course! I issue a receipt which also states "interest does not accrue" and the only documentation I use is the contract and my handbook (the contract requires parents sign agreement to the handbook as well as the contract).

I also charge a one-off registration fee of £20 per family when they first join, as payment towards the costs of enrolling their child.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tabitha Twitchit View Post
    Hi
    could i get a copy of this form please i cant pm you or email you so was hoping you could email to me,

<email address removed>

Thanks in advance
    ally
    Last edited by Pauline; 06-04-2011 at 06:37 AM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shmuck9681 View Post
    Hi
    could i get a copy of this form please i cant pm you or email you so was hoping you could email to me,

<email address removed>

Thanks in advance
    ally
    Ally it is best not to put your email address in public, you should be able to PM members, there is no reason why not.
    Pauline x

Post Thanks / Like

I give the parents a receipt for the deposit - it says what the deposit is for, that it's non-refundable if they don't take up the place and what will happen to it when they start - I take it off the first month's fees.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!