Fees help, please
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fees help, please

Hi

I am very new to all this. I have just had a grandmother appear at the door asking me about care for her two grandkids aged 9months and 2yrs.

I have the spaces, but typically the hours she require aren't nice and simple.

She is on a 4 week rota, working 4 days a week - though over the 4 weeks she will be working on each of the five days.

Some of the days are 7:15am to 2:45pm and others 1:30 - 5:30pm. Two weeks out of the four will be 26.5hrs and the other two 23hrs.

What would anyone else charge for the same? Would you charge for a full week for every week. Just charge for hours used? Charge for 4 full days? I'm in a pickle as i don't want to seem as over charging, but don't want to loose out as they will be over the four weeks using up 2 full time places.

Help - a confused childminding newbie

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fees help, please

I would charge a flat session fee of £25 per day for 4 days of the week per child, so £200 per week

The earlier start is balanced out by the less hours in the afternoons

Food charge on top if required
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for replying.

Would you not charge anything extra for you having to keep a full time place free?

* = 7:15 -2:45 . ^ = 1:30 - 5:30

Wk1- Mon *, Tues*, Wed^, Thurs^.
    Wk2- Mon*, Wed*, Thur^, Fri*.
    Wk3- Mon*, Tues^, Wed*, Thurs*.
    Wk4- Tues*, Wed^, Thurs^, Fri*

Thanks again

bexcee Guest

Depends how desperate you are for the business at the moment. If you are then I would charge four full days a week even though it will be taking up a full time place, it would be no different to giving a sibling discount.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bexcee View Post
    Depends how desperate you are for the business at the moment. If you are then I would charge four full days a week even though it will be taking up a full time place, it would be no different to giving a sibling discount.
    That is what i have decided to do in the end, whether they are happy with it i won't know until tomorrow. I've not even meet the kids yet so i've no idea what they are like, other than they now live with their dad after he has won custody of them.

Anyway it has been useful to get the experience it sorting out fees for someone.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

How did it go hun? x