What to do?????
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What to do?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default What to do?????

Can anybody give me a little advice.

I put on a week or so ago that one of parents had given me notice, I am sure it had something to do with me telling her that her little one had a few communication problems.

Anyway, I have the week off this week but she owes me three weeks money which she said she would put into my account on the 1st June. I have text her but no reply....... She is due back on Monday, (well if she comes!)

She owes me notice money, but I am beginning to think that she won't be back to do her final 3 weeks.

Where do I stand???

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What to do?????

Always refer back to the contract. It is a legal document that you and the parents signed to agree to the terms of it- from hour disputes to late payments. I would ask her in person or send a text saying you'd like a chat, nothing to worry about and ask the parent when they are planning to pay you. If they don't stick to it, send a reminder letter and also say what will happen if they continue not to pay you- which is where the small claims court comes in. If you are a member of NCMA, I suggest contacting them or your local childminding network for advice as this is unfortunately a common problem.

Good luck!

feb 10
    Post Thanks / Like

oh dear i hope your wrong. ring your insurance company to find out where you stand xx
    shelley xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, phone and see what they advise. Hope things work out.

Dec 10
    Post Thanks / Like

That's terrible, some parents think they can get away with not paying I have seen some peopleget parents to pay inadvance, I think that's what I will do, maybe consider this for new parents?

Keep smiling and follow the above advise

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would start by phoning them.

If they don't respond then write a letter and put it through their door so you know they have had it give them 7 days to respond.

If they don't send another letter recorded delivery so they have to sign for it saying you need payment immediately and they have another 7 days after which you will have no alternative but to put the matters in the hands your solicitor. At this time also politly remind them that if the matter goes this far to recover the monies owed that it COULD result in a County Court Judgement which could affect their Credit Rating.

Having experienced this situation in the past and been out of pocket. I now take four weeks fees as a deposit when a Contract is signed There are never any exceptions to this. I hold this money in my account until the end of the contract and if all fees are paid up-to-date the money pays the 4 week notice period. However if there is a none payment it gives me 4 weeks to sort it out before I am out of pocket. IYSWIM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I will say to have a chat with your insurance company to see where you stand, and than send a reminder letter to parents.
    Hope goes well and you will get your money. Unfortunatley is quiet common for parents not to pay for notice period, that's way is a good idea to take a big deposit from a start

Nov 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I would phone your insurance... hope all goes well x