Thread: Here goes

Registered Childminder since
    April06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Here goes

Hi Alak
    welcome to the forum
    sorry just seen this post,
    I have a parent who is at college and yes they only pay in arrears, but you can make your invoice for fortnightly payments if you wish to, it makes it a little bit easy on your pocket, I send in an invoice every two weeks and receive my payment at the end of the two week period, the colleges normally receive they funding fortnightly in arrears that is why we can only get paid then. the uni is different as the parent receive they money ever quarter in advance so can pay us accordingly. hope this helps
    Mandy

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a parent at Uni and I'm a bit more flexible with her fees in that she pays me on a Monday for childcare to be provided that week.

I ask all other parents to pay monthly in advance, eg, pay by 28th of Dec for childcare services provided in January.

Once they've paid they don't get a refund for non-attendance. I think that sends a very clear message. If I had to invoice them AFTER providing care I'm sure I'd get mucked about

july 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a parent who is at uni and fees are paid 4 weeks in advance. No refund is give if place is not used and if the parents are late paying a charge of £5 per day is added. Remarkably no parents are ever late with payment of fees.

Netty

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by netty View Post
    I have a parent who is at uni and fees are paid 4 weeks in advance. No refund is give if place is not used and if the parents are late paying a charge of £5 per day is added. Remarkably no parents are ever late with payment of fees.

Netty
    oh yeah I have that too lol works well!! I also don't take children on UNTIL they have paided me too so if late, they're not coming in .

Emma

May 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your advice on late fees. Spoke to mindees mum and she mumbled something about the College take a day to get the cheques to the classroom etc...I was due to be paid 13th Dec and did not receice cheque until yestereday 17th Dec and it was in the evening so could not pay in at bank.

Not sure how all you childminders can get parents to pay in advance as college cheque had my name on it, does anyone know if maybe that could be changed to the parents, then that way she could pay me up front then cash the cheque for herself if you know what I mean?????

Also a quick questions what do you all charge if mindee is to sick to come to childminders???

Cheers
    Love
    Alak xx

july 20
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

the answer to that question is "full fee". you are still available.

hazelx

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alak123 View Post
    Thanks for all your advice on late fees. Spoke to mindees mum and she mumbled something about the College take a day to get the cheques to the classroom etc...I was due to be paid 13th Dec and did not receice cheque until yestereday 17th Dec and it was in the evening so could not pay in at bank.

Not sure how all you childminders can get parents to pay in advance as college cheque had my name on it, does anyone know if maybe that could be changed to the parents, then that way she could pay me up front then cash the cheque for herself if you know what I mean?????

Also a quick questions what do you all charge if mindee is to sick to come to childminders???

Cheers
    Love
    Alak xx
    full fee!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12