Change in pricing
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    june05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Change in pricing

At the moment I don't charge for non term time if not required as i used to be to swop people around and have odd days off with my girls. Not worked out as planned this year most parents teachers, and other non teacher have found other child care in the holiday so i've been left out of pocket as i still had one/two children every day. i normally work out years money due and divide by 12 so set month amount paid. re starts April, which is easier from invoicing point of view. want to charge half rate for all children. how would you put this to the parents. not put money up this year, charge £30.00 or £3.25 hr I work a 11 hour day +.
    I have got good book keeping software now so will be able to keep track of profits through the year, where before didn't touch book until end of year. this is why alarm bells are ringing!!!!!!

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Change in pricing

Hi Lucystar,
    This is a tricky one and will probably depend on your knowledge of the parents i.e. are you likely to lose them if you suddenly ask for something you didn't ask for when drawing up original contracts?!
    You could sound them out; say you are thinking of adding a retainer fee for holidays instead of putting fees up this year. How do they all feel about it?
    That's about all my tired little brain can think of I'm afraid - hope it helps. At least you've had one answer now, lol

Hope it works out,
    Bws,
    Wendy

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Change in pricing

I would have thought your lack of charge in the school hols was probably a selling point for the teachers/school staff so I would not risk losing them over this as florabird said.

I would maybe just introduce it for new children. If you're not getting the time off in the holidays that you want could those parents bring the chidlren different days so you get some time off, or are they fixed days? Or, advertise for holiday only children?

Sorry not much help.