Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: what to charge

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what to charge

ive got someone coming at 10am tomorrow looking for childcare for two children from 3pm till 10.30pm. devorced dont know about before school yet moving I charge £3.00 HOUR UNTIL 6pm £4.50
    £10 before school and £15 after school till 6. do I just charge the normal rate as this is for 3 days and 2 children working it out it would cost £175 or £15.00 till 6 then

£4.50 after six but this could work out a lot of money what would you charge a WEEK dont want to work this late but not getting calls only one full timer and working all day sarurday with child with adhd. thanks

veronicax
    Last edited by childminder54; 11-08-2009 at 09:13 PM.

TheBTeam Guest

Default Re: what to charge

Sorry didn't want to just read and run, I would not want to work to 10.30 pm at all, but then i have two younger children! I think you need to charge a figure that you would be happy to receive and that you would not feel resentful working that late for!

I personally think when you get to after 6pm ish I would be wanting to charge at least double, that is very late for you to still be on duty and if you get another child and you have to start at 8 ish in the morning that is no personal child free time for you.

It is awful when you are forced to accept work because of the need for money, i have been in that situation a few times and have had to work outside of what i would really like, an reasonable increased fee can help to soften the blow.

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

1030 is very late!

It depends on how much you want the work I suppose... and how much parents can afford to pay.

Could you work out a flat rate for them? I imagine it depends on their time keeping.

I'd put something with really high late fees, you don't want to be pushing 11 do you?

Hth

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt want to work that late but if I had to I would charge the full amount because if you dont you will soon get fed-up with doing it.
    If she is on her own she will get alot of help from childcare tax credits, so its not like its all coming out of her wages.
    Who else is she going to get to work that late, charge what you like!!!