Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How much do you charge p/hr? day?

Just read through and realised that I have answered the question twice!!

Did notice that there are a few minders who charge one price per hour but multiply this by 10 and their hourly rate is less? Confused
    Debbie

Non childminder member
    Ex Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in West Midlands and my charge per hour is £3.50. I was told by another CM that most around my area charge nearly £4 a hour but since I am trying to vie for business for wrap around care with the school at the back of my house (who charge £3.15) I can't price myself too high.

APR 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there. I live in south wales and charge a general fee of £3.50 p/h. My fee increases to £4.50 p/hr before 7.30am and after 6.30pm. I also charge £4.50 for Saturday work.

Hope this is of some help, good luck x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I am new to the forum,
    I am currently pre-reg, but used to childmind and gave up 8 years ago, when I had my 3rd baby. I now have 4

I will be charging £4.50 per hour, time and a half on Bank Hols, no weekends or overnights. Half fee when I do not have the child. In my case the little boy I will be minding will not be with me for Easter, Christmas or summer hols and is a before and after school mindee. I am charging this as my friend who is soon to be giving up due to moving from the area charged this and the parents are happy for this to continue.
    I will not be providing lunch, but will give snacks and if they choose to have an evening meal, it will be £1.50.
    I work out cheaper than the after school club and have instant playmates in my own children
    I am Beds/Herts border.

Nice to meet you all!

Post Thanks / Like

When I started minding in 2006 I used to charge £3.50 and hour, when I return this year I will charge £4.00 per hour week days and £6.00 per hour on weekends or bank holidays. I will aso charge £2.00 for a hot meal. So far the two people wo have contacted me about this are fibe with my rates as they need me t work up until 8pm on some nights.

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieS26 View Post
    Just read through and realised that I have answered the question twice!!

Did notice that there are a few minders who charge one price per hour but multiply this by 10 and their hourly rate is less? Confused
    My hourly rate is £3.50 but i give a discount for children coming 10 hours and round it down to £30. The nursery next to me is £32 a day so i need to be competitive!!!
    Doodles

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My rates are pants , but fairly typical of the area. i charge £3 an hour , as do most of the village childminders. what gets me is that our village is never able to get grants etc as we are classed as a 'pocket of affluence' amidst some fairly deprived areas , ex pit villages etc. yet minders is those areas all charge more! When i started i didnt feel i could charge more than others as i had no cm experience etc , but will definately charge new mindees more now ive been graded etc.

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I hourly charge is £4.50 but I charge by the session;

A morning session is 8am - 1pm @ £22.50
    An afternoon session is 1pm - 6pm @ £22.50
    I give a slight reduction for a full day and charge £40 per day.

By doing it this way, it stops me being out of pocket if parents only want a few hours or inbetween playgroup care.

After school care is a minimum of 2hrs.

Everyone charges differently and it also depends on the area.
    Toothfairy

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

midlands Leicester.

£3.00 per hour

Dont charge a daily rate but do charge a minimum of 5 hours per day

Parents bring children's food,nappies,wipes ect & they also pay for groups/outings.

I do provide snacks & juice within that price.
    wow 2012 already

June 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nell57 View Post
    Hi I'm from Stoke too. I charge £20 a day, any more and I just wouldn't get any business. Like fussyelmo says its the average around here, some charging less, not many charging more.

But isn't the cost of living less here, than furter south or other places
    I am the cheapest in my area of stoke on trent, just up the the road from fussy elmo the local nursery has same rates as me, other childminders in my area charge more and are full and have upto 12 after school, I have only managed to get 2 after schoolers.

Straws xx

June 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeanybeany View Post
    Hi

I am in stoke on Trent and no offence to the other minders on here, but I would not work for £18 per day! My lowest fee at mo for my f/t mindee is £110 per week, but that's because they are on old fees and I don't have the heart to put it up yet. Think I may in September.

I have just done a new contract for £30 per day ( ).

My afterschoolers pay £3.00 per hour, but that is only because I have to compete with the after school club. My parents think this is cheap. We'll see what they think when I put my new policy into place about fees going up in September (lol).

I have researched this and it seems to be the average. I do each contract based on hours and go from there. I am full for my under 5's and doing well for before/after school (have had loads of enquiries but not taken them all up as they haven't been what I am looking for, learn't to trust my first instinct now and to not jump in, but to choose what's best for me, my family and current mindees).

My childminder friend charges £120 per week and £3.50 per hour with no probs.

Go on put your fees up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You deserve it!

(gone smiley mad)
    Which part of stoke on trent are you from, was chatting to a childminder on my course last night who only charges £14 per day I was shocked

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

mamatothree i charge the same as you £3 per hour as long as im full its not to bad and thats to keep in line with the other childminders in my area dont want to outprice myself

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wondered, those of you that charge by session rates morning or afternoon, how do you charge if a parents requires 8-2.30 or 12-6? Do you then charge a full day or add on an hourly rate for the extra hour or so.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    But think Im moving to Surrey I would only have to have the one mindee!!!!
    Wow! hon that is low.Mind you if you move to Surrey you'll need to have about 25 mindees to pay for your house! lolx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Gosh where in Surrey are you Sammy?? I in Camberley and charge 4.25 for little one's 5.00 for schoolers and 5.25 for shift patterns...all per hour.

Nix, x
    just what I was going to ask. I'm in Surrey (Sutton) but I charge £4-£4.50 depending on no. hours. A few new minders are asking for £5 but £6 and £7 sounds good to me!

july 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i charge £4 prhr per child. only when i get 3 or more children from same family do i charge slightly less and thats normally for the one i have least. i charge £1.50 for meals if they are part timers. all included for full timers. also if we go out any where i pay entrance fees and parents supply lunch and spending money. dont have a daily rate.

mar 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all ive just started and live in shropshire when i did some research into what other c.minders charge the fee was between 2.50 and 3.50 per hour!!!
    I really do not want to work for 2.50!!! Ive decided to charge 3.30 including drinks and snacks and charge a £1.00 for lunch/tea if needed. I have one child alreadly and i believe if parents what quality childcare then they need to pay for it! If everyone in each area decided on a good price then we would all be able to charge a good hourly rate where the parents where getting a good deal but the child minders where gtting what they deserved to.

Oct 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge £3.75 for current children and £4.00 for new ones from now. £1 for lunch. £1 for dinner and £1 for school drops. This is Bristol.

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in a village near St Ives, Cambridgeshire. We're going from £2.75 to £3.00 per hour 1st April. That includes snacks, don't do sibling rates, don't charge for entrance to Toddlers, don't do meals but if we did it would be about £1.75 per meal

Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am from St Neots in Cambridgeshire. Childminders here seem to charge from £3.40 to £3.80.

Linda.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast