Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hours?

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hours?

I have had an equiry for a child who will be starting school in September. They want me to have him two mornings from 8am and take him to school start at 9am.

They also want me to collect him three afternoon and keep him till 6pm, different days to the other two mornings.

I am not sure what to do, whilst I have the space now for the two mornings, I am not sure whether it may affect my spaces in the future if I had another enquiry for both morning and after school. Would you charge more for the two mornings.

Also, he may come some holidays, but prob not until the following Easter. What would you charge in the holidays, if I charge half fees, is it just for the three hours he would come after school, or all day in the holiday.

I have not had a term time only for under 8, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hours?

jeez thats a tricky one!

parent must do shift work so you need to decide really if you are happy working with shift workers .. 2 mornings and 3 afternoons all on differ days is taking up a full time place really. Is this an option you can consider?

I only charge for hours booked in this includes holidays.

the holidays you need to let her know you can not garantee her a place as your full timers will gain priority over part timers. IF she offers you fees for a full time holiday place to ensure her child has a place then take it.

If it was me I would take the hours offered as they fit in with what i am already doing BUT do they fit in with you? dont give up a full time place if it doesnt fit in with your needs.
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a little one in reception at present.He started with me last Sept.

He comes three mornings (tues, thurs and Fri) and two afternoons (Wed and Thurs), I have another wed am and thus am and pm and two pm on fri only!! iI has worked ok for me. It could be hard if you have other enquires but I have found before any after school rarely comes in regular chunks for me.

I haven't forgotten anyone yet!! I do have to stop and think sometimes but maybe thats my age!!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

This is very bitty for a maybe in the holidays and under the EYFS.
    Debbie

Lady Haha Guest

I'm with Rickysmiths on this one. I have all school age kids and they all seem to slot around each other now! I was worried to be begin with as I took on a boy who was mornings only and full time in hols and then I realised that if I took on another after schooler I couldn't offer them the school hols! And after schoolers pay better than before schoolers! But then, along comes a mum who wants after school care term time only, so it worked out great!

As for the holidays for you. If the child will eventually be coming to you full time in the holidays (which is probably the case), then I would charge half rate for full time to keep the place for him.