Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default help!need to know what youd all charge.

ok this is regards to my first mindee-and,ill admit i messed it up big time at the time!(please tell me youve all done this!lol!)but his contract is up for re newal this Jan and i want to alter it and get it right!just need some help........
    His mum is at uni wed,thur and fri so dad does all the to ing and fro ing and child care.Dad is a sportsman so his "hrs"can vary...and his day off does too depending on games/training.At the mo im contracted for all day(8-4)EITHER wed OR thus and half day Fri-sometimes i do have him longer on the fri and also odd hrs on dads day off if he needs to go to the gym etc...but u see my problem?Yep stupid me agreed to keep 3 days effectively open for,potentially, a day and a half!duh!!!!!!!!i ts only term time too altho im not really worried about this...
    I REALLY need to alter this and im guessing you all would get him to pay for all 3 days regardless?or at least the two and a half?i KNOW he wont wanna do this(hes got off lightly for 6 mths!)so answers on a postcard please?! and i really dont want to lose this mindee as he and his parents are lovely-pretty much the perfect mindee-he gets a good deal i charge 3.50 an hr and all drinks,snacks and lunch inc.but often he turns up wanting breakfast with my boys too(hes only a toddler)and i havent charged.......... yeah i know.......this bits tough!THANKYOU!jx

30 Oct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: help!need to know what youd all charge.

i would charge full fee for 2.5 days, and would only offer extra hours on the friday if i had availability but if they were expecting me to keep the hours free "just in case" then i would charge for 3 days.

I kind of do this for 2 of my mindees who parents are shift workers, full fee regardless if they are here or not, never had any problems yet!

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks-this is what i know i think i need to do-i should have in the first place but...well i was just chuffed to get my first one!would you broach(sp?)the subject sooner rather than later or wait till end of Jan?thanks again,jx

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Janeyc View Post
    ok this is regards to my first mindee-and,ill admit i messed it up big time at the time!(please tell me youve all done this!lol!)but his contract is up for re newal this Jan and i want to alter it and get it right!just need some help........
    His mum is at uni wed,thur and fri so dad does all the to ing and fro ing and child care.Dad is a sportsman so his "hrs"can vary...and his day off does too depending on games/training.At the mo im contracted for all day(8-4)EITHER wed OR thus and half day Fri-sometimes i do have him longer on the fri and also odd hrs on dads day off if he needs to go to the gym etc...but u see my problem?Yep stupid me agreed to keep 3 days effectively open for,potentially, a day and a half!duh!!!!!!!!i ts only term time too altho im not really worried about this...
    I REALLY need to alter this and im guessing you all would get him to pay for all 3 days regardless?or at least the two and a half?i KNOW he wont wanna do this(hes got off lightly for 6 mths!)so answers on a postcard please?! and i really dont want to lose this mindee as he and his parents are lovely-pretty much the perfect mindee-he gets a good deal i charge 3.50 an hr and all drinks,snacks and lunch inc.but often he turns up wanting breakfast with my boys too(hes only a toddler)and i havent charged.......... yeah i know.......this bits tough!THANKYOU!jx
    Your not stupid so dont think that, you saying the extra days he's been in you have not charged them ? Do you not give your mindees breakfast ? If not maybe you can change this and charge extra. I only supply breakfast morn snack and pm snack. I dont charge per hr its per session am pm after sch b4 sch. If a childs of for any reason the parent still has to pay for these sessions. At the end of the day you are running a business, and you have bills to pay aswell. Dont know if i have helped or not sorry . You just need to say that your sorry but i cant afford to keep these days open anymore without getting paid for these days. Does that make sense, sorry if it does'nt , Not had much sleep the now long story . Good luck
    Yvonne's little cherubs childminding service

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks-no hes paid IF hes been here extra(ie 3 hrs on a thus but still done his full day on wed and half day fri)but i dont know because of the nature of his wok if hes going to be in wed or thus and fri or all three days till sometimes the day or two b4!its not an issue cause onv im around with my boys anyway but i cant keep 3 days open for one and a half!!!no i dont "do"breaky and i do state this but dad arrives sayin"hes only had milk this am as he got up late etc"so what do u do eh when the little one is askin?its nothing major-hes only 1.5 so i *might*say ill give him b/fast when i hit him with the increase to soften the blow!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol!
    they are chuffed with me so far and me,my boys and the mindee have formed a relationship so know they wont want to go eksewhere-tbh-theyd not get anything better money wise anyway i dont think!gonna have to bite the bullet i think..........jx

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Janeyc View Post
    Thanks-no hes paid IF hes been here extra(ie 3 hrs on a thus but still done his full day on wed and half day fri)but i dont know because of the nature of his wok if hes going to be in wed or thus and fri or all three days till sometimes the day or two b4!its not an issue cause onv im around with my boys anyway but i cant keep 3 days open for one and a half!!!no i dont "do"breaky and i do state this but dad arrives sayin"hes only had milk this am as he got up late etc"so what do u do eh when the little one is askin?its nothing major-hes only 1.5 so i *might*say ill give him b/fast when i hit him with the increase to soften the blow!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol!
    they are chuffed with me so far and me,my boys and the mindee have formed a relationship so know they wont want to go eksewhere-tbh-theyd not get anything better money wise anyway i dont think!gonna have to bite the bullet i think..........jx
    Yeah like you i would too would give him breakfast, but if its happening quite alot, then he is taken the you know what, oh well he will get it at the chilminders. I would put on the next contract fees up too ? ? ? and if child is not in on the days he/sheis supposed to be in then you still have to pay, i have put this on my contracts, as its nothing to do with you that he cant come in, it is the parents desicion.
    Yvonne's little cherubs childminding service

Latest Inspection Grade
    *OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I would explain that because Ofsted control the number of children you are allowed to mind at any one time you are losing money as you are keeping the 3 days for him but only being paid for 1 1/2 days and you can't offer this time to anyone else in case he decides he needs to use you. As for breakfast, I would say that if it is easier for the child to eat at yours then that is fine and it will only be £1 (or whatever) extra.

Hth.
    ƸӜƷ* Hello Kitty *ƸӜƷ

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

yes thanks.ill have to do the deed next week to prepare him i think!jx