Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    dec1989
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Think i am being taken for a mug.

Definately taking the mickey, i have a family who are always saying they can't afford to pay me properly for the care of their 2 children because the husband is self employed and didnt earn much that week! I can't afford to lose money as am a single parent with a big mortgage to pay but did occasionally let them off paying when mum said she had no money for food for the children. Then last summer they went off to turkey for 2 weeks with their 4 children (i couldnt afford to take any time off let alone go away!!) and the eldest child has recently told me about mummy's new flat screen TV so i'm afraid i'm zero tolerance now when she tells me hubby's had a bad week & she can't feed the kids.

You have to put your family first.

Amanda

Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with others - think these parents are taking the
    Can't imagine them working some hours for nothing! Find it hard to believe that you doing a couple of extra hours a week for free is helping him not to take redundancy!
    I think you need to be strong here and explain that you are unable to work for free!!
    Hope that it all works out for you. Sending you hugs!

AUG 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Minstrel
    they change your payments as you go along especially if your income goes down and you are forced into hardship- which making £30 a week after childcare i think would be hardship!

so unless they have been massively overpaid( in which case still not your prob) then i dont think they are telling the whole truth imo

tax credits didn't help us that much hubby lost he's job 4 weeks ago (company went into liquidation) and when i rang to tell them they only increased our tax credits by £25.00 a week so we loose a full time wage and get a small increase where's the sense in that

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

if you have no job at all then there are other benefits you can apply for such as housing benefit, council tax benefit and job seekers. tax credits is to help raise children and those on low incomes.
    if your really stuck make sure you go to citizens advice and they will help you apply for all those you are entitled too. also job centre give loans interest free if in dire straits.

hth- dont struggle when you dont need too xxx
    Quote Originally Posted by miss sunshine View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Minstrel
    they change your payments as you go along especially if your income goes down and you are forced into hardship- which making £30 a week after childcare i think would be hardship!

so unless they have been massively overpaid( in which case still not your prob) then i dont think they are telling the whole truth imo

tax credits didn't help us that much hubby lost he's job 4 weeks ago (company went into liquidation) and when i rang to tell them they only increased our tax credits by £25.00 a week so we loose a full time wage and get a small increase where's the sense in that

June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: Think i am being taken for a mug. ( UPDATE)

Well i did tell mom last tue that if they drop day, i cant afford to do other hours for nothing. She was not pleased.
    On the Thurs day started rubbish woke with bad throat and head caught of the children and my dog went into labour. mom drops children off, and said that dads work have changed again saying that there doing normal hours as before but having every other fri then every other monday so i would only have the children 3 days each week. They cant afford to pay to keep the day open though for when his work goes back to normal. I was really proud of myself as straight away i said well i will not be able to keep place open as you know my husband has no job in a couple of weeks so if others come for those days the children not coming i will have to fill them. She then started to cry and said well can you please tell us first if some one comes so we can discuss this first.
    the children came grumpy as anything as still ill with the couph, cold that i had been nicely given from them, the older one decides to strangle the other as she wanted toy.
    Then mom knocks back on door saying she spoke to dad and he has managed to change with boss that he can just have the fri's of all the time and said do i feel better with the one day. Again i said same that if i can fill it i will, off she goes again.
    Dad rang 5 times before school, did not answer as busy with sorting children ringing hubby to get back for dog etc.
    after dropping kids of dad rung again, he was pretty nasty with me saying that because he has gone out his way to get the one set day off instead the two he wants my word that i will not fill space's, i said straight away i cant promise that as i need to pay my morgage etc with my hubby not being at work. He then said i should look out for the welfare of his children as have had them both since weeks old, and it would be very unfare of me to fill place then them having to unsettle both by getting another childminder, he also said that i will not be able to pay morgage by filling one day, which straght away i said i have 4 full days available so YES i would be able to. He then said again about his kids welfare and that my hubby needs to go and get any job he can, and they we need to talk to bank about morgage HOW DARE HE TELL US WHAT TO DO. He still at the end of conversation say he wants my word i will keep places.
    He rang 1 hour later, he must of spoke to wife as he apoligised well he saidhe wanted to apoligise, but again said he wanted my word. NO WAY.
    When he come to collect he went on and on again my husband was in kitchen with dog he would not come out as he would of kicked off as he did upset me.

Well today he upset me again. Mom dropped kids off both still not well, mom been up six times between both in night little one had temp. Given both calpol.
    Little one been grumpy all day, not eating screaming for no reason upsetting others here.
    Mom text to ask how girls were i text back saying little one clearly not well, grumpy not happy screaming ect and if she still the same wed (dont have tue) i will not be able to have her.
    Mom text back saying she really not been well over weekend and she in the docs so prob be with me wed as she loads better.
    Had a rubbish afternoon with her tried to get her to eat lunch she was in chair with sandwiches she rubbed them all over floor radiator chair and self. So i took her out chair so i could clean it and i refused to give her anything else. At this point she screaming as not well. dad knock on door (Stuff still everywhere what she chucked) when i opened door he had a little chuckle and he then said mom rang to say that i wont take little one thurs just because she has couph and cold, he then said i always take them with it, the schools would have them with it. I then butted in and said NO the school wont take them and if they are ill they send them back and i know this as my daughters have been sent back in past and they not been as bad, and the reason why i wont take her is not just for that she is clearly not well she has upset the other children and it is not fare for them to pass it on like they have me as i dont feel well at all. he then picked up the little one she still upset and said she poo'd. (i got no smell at the min but not long changed her) There i was changing this screaming child while dad their watching not even offering to pick up the mess that she had done.
    he then said what am i surposed to do i cant have time of just because they got cough.
    Really made me ANGRY

Sorry about ramble

Post Thanks / Like

Well it was really brave of you to tell her no

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG what are you doing having a sick child

sorry hun ,but if you lived close to me I would have to give you a shake sorry hun but I would NOT keep this family money needed or not how dare they treat you like a door mat

DO NOT let these people make you feel bad and as for the dad using behavour like that

I am sending you (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))) sorry if I sound harsh but I know everyone else is screaming the same

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well done for being so brave

What a terrible man trying to use every trick in the book to get you to do things the way they want. I know money is tight but I would be actively looking to replace them.

Dec 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    I too have been taken for a mug! It will never happen again. (I hope!!) We learn from our mistakes! Actually they are not mistakes, as childminders we are prone to thinking of others before our selves, until they really hurt us. It is usually emotional blackmail in some way, the children or their money situation.
    Hope your troubles are soon resolved and you soon feel less stessed

Star (A new member, slowly finding my way around)

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Dad sounds awful Poor you.

Maybe advertise for new children altogether. How dare he say about the welfare of his children when he isnt bothered himself.

I hope you feel better soon.

June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am expecting a text later on to say they took her to docs and he said she fine. Well if they do bring her wed and she is like she was today then then will have to take her back or if it after they gone they will have to pick her up.
    I used to be pretty outgoing with this family even got talked into having little one with chicken pox, as they new mine had it, when i just had them and my children at school, but my children and myself are picking up loads of them and now others. I sent home lad last week and a dif one the week before as ill with no problems. One is a teacher and they could not get a surply but her child comes first so it was tough really. She even said today if i dont feel great throuout the day give her a ring and she will come get him if she can or get grandad, she got out of afternoon meeting so she could come hour earlier to releave me.

Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe this family! I'm sorry but they are showing no respect for you and your family. I would advertise for a family to take their place (sorry if others don't agree). As for continuity of care they cannot use that to blackmail you, at the end of the day you are doing your best for this family and they are taking the micheal! Some people think you are at their beck and call being a childminder. I am just starting to think of myself and my family more, after all that's partly why I am in this business and not always go out of my way all the time, as when they don't need you most won't think twice about dropping your service.

Well done for standing up for yourself! It's very hard sometimes.

June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well like i said in other post, parents came round last night. Ended contract there and then paying me out. Only 2 weeks mind as she said that it is me saying that i cant do it for free and keep place open for free, oh and that i wont take a sick child with chest infection. THEY WANT SOME ONE MORE RELIABLE to have kids when ill and to keep the other day available just incase he may need it in future if his job picks up again. I have sent 1 child home in nearly 4 years had 1 day sick last year for my nans funeral. I think that is very reliable. I really could not be bothered to argue.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiddiwinks View Post
    Well like i said in other post, parents came round last night. Ended contract there and then paying me out. Only 2 weeks mind as she said that it is me saying that i cant do it for free and keep place open for free, oh and that i wont take a sick child with chest infection. THEY WANT SOME ONE MORE RELIABLE to have kids when ill and to keep the other day available just incase he may need it in future if his job picks up again. I have sent 1 child home in nearly 4 years had 1 day sick last year for my nans funeral. I think that is very reliable. I really could not be bothered to argue.

GOOD LUCK TO THEM AND GOOD RIDANCE I SAY

only just cuaght up with this and im sorry but they were takin the pi** and i think they will struggle to find anyone willing to bend over backwards to their every whim in the future, i personally think you are well out of it although it will hurt and you will no doubt be upset, the 2 week pay ... what dos your contract say about termination notice.... if itsays 4 weeks tell them they owe you 2 more weeks and put it in writing telling them you will got o small claims court if necessary to get the money back, sorry i may sound had but i have had some hard lessons this year and will not put up with this sort of thing any more

lots of love S x
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I really can't be bothered to argue about the other 2 weeks. After all like what hubby says i am being paid the 2 weeks notice without kids, really glad it is over so got no picking at me about the smallest of things and to ask teacher this ask teacher that get kids changed for this make sure little one nappy and complete change of clothes even if clean, children cant be in any contact with any of my animals. My dogs had to be in a seperate room where children could not get at them or even see them at all in day, if they wanted to go out children were put in another room so they did not see them.

Just need to fill the two spaces now but really cant think today how to do a nice flyer that is eye catching to drop of places.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiddiwinks View Post
    My dogs had to be in a seperate room where children could not get at them or even see them at all in day, if they wanted to go out children were put in another room so they did not see them.
    What ??? Why the heck did they choose a minder with animals then ?

June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

When they came, the dogs were in a seperate room so they did not even see them. I have never let the dogs out with children anyway but their in kitchen with a stair gate which is attached to the lounge. They enjoy watching the children but i feel the dogs are to large to have around young ones as the one is 10 stone and would never forgive my self if one did hurt a child. (i do know that it would be by accident but would not want to risk it.)
    They come out with the before and after schoolers as their bigger.

The dogs were not even allowed to be in kitchen incase the child went up and it bit them, or dog jumped over gate to bite them.
    They thought because they did not see them when they came that is how it should be when their child came

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12