Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xmas/New Year

Registered Childminder since
    JUNE 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Xmas/New Year

I have it in my contract that i get the whole week where xmas day falls off at full pay

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Luckily none of my parents work school holidays so I just charge half fee retainer but I am there if needed. Fingers crossed they don't
    Avril x

April04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charleyfarley View Post
    I never book the time off but parents normally do so I still get paid, bit sneaky of me really

Carol xx
    That's exactly what i do to!!! LOL It's a bit cheeky but hey we deserve some time off on full pay!!!

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't charge if ~I am not working. Normally I close at whatever time i finish on December 23rd and go bak to work on Jan 2nd (unless that is a bank holiday). This year as that would mean almorst 2 weeks off instead of hte noemal one week so I am working the monday and Tuesday between christma and new year and then then friday and taking off new years eve and new years day. I know for a fact most of my families apart from possibly one will send them to me if htey have to pay me but that doesn't bother me even though mum and dad will both be at home.
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Bank hols - I do not work and so do not take pay. I will be working on 24th but will then be off. Am currently debating whether to work the 2/1/09 or not at the moment.

LOOPYLISA Guest

We go away over xmas for roughly 3 weeks so more than likley i won.t charge...................we will see

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Sooooo, being a bit slow here, I have one child every Thursday. I charge full fee for their holidays, sickness (parent & child), absence. I charge no fee for my own holidays. Thursday 25th December (Xmas Day)? Do I still include this date on my invoice and charge full fee? Even though it is Xmas day?

June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You can do yes, I charge half for all holidays encluding christmas. I changed it last year for that christmas day, boxing day, new years day no charge as i would never want to work them.

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by avril View Post
    Luckily none of my parents work school holidays so I just charge half fee retainer but I am there if needed. Fingers crossed they don't
    I work term time so they pay a retainer too
    Marian x

may 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i worked at christmas 2 years ago and had 3 mindies (6, 8, 12,) also my own (5) for the 27th, 28th and 29th December and it took all the sparkle of christmas away and took it all away from my daughter too who had to shift all her new toys away and wasn't allowed them out.
    Since then i have said that i would never work over christmas again, yea the money was good especially after christmas but my sanity (yes i am well and truly ready for another holiday by then) is more important.

So No i do not charge if i dont work.

Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Last year i only had 1 mindee, who i don't have during any hols but her mam always pays the retainer. But last xmas i didn't charge her anything as i was happy having the time off aswell. This year i have another family, who again their parents aren't working for most of the hols, and mam has actually put in 2 days hols after new year. So im not planning on charging anything, as im happy to not work. But got a new child starting next week, and im yet to have this conversation with mam. But as someone has also said im not willing to include it in my 4 wks holiday. So they are getting away with 6 wks of no payment, so dont see where there should be a problem. However if i was really needed to work, if i was home then i might considerate it. But then i have no children of my own yet.

Mar 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I get paid for bank holidays but don't work them and I get paid for Xmas and don't work it either but I don't charge for any other holidays that I take in the year (usually about 4 weeks). I discuss all this when parents come to see me and go through it again when we fill out the contract and I make sure that it is written in the contract somewhere so there can be no disputes! So far all my parents are agreeable to this. I have had no negative feedback!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12