Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default to be paid if mindee isat playschool

have just done a new contract with parent and have asked to be paid during the time the mindee is at playschool mum was not keen she in the end agreed to pay a small fee i tried to say that with the eyfs and that my places for this age are limitied and over reasons like i could not fill the 3 hour each day in between whilst she is at playschool , and that she also will need me when the school is closed ect .but she has made me feel really bad like i shouldnt be taking her money and she asked me if i could prove if other minders did this can any one tell me if im right to do this it seems you all do but is their any thing written any were that i can show her x

sept 94
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: to be paid if mindee isat playschool

if we take and pick up from playschool then we charge full fee while they are at playschool.
    was just going to put that i have never seen anything in writing but decided to check my books from NCMA
    if you are with them go to book 2 running your childminding business 2006/2007 page 13

its say under attending playschools

if the parents send their child to playgroup, nursery or anyother acticity within the contracted childminding hours then the childminder should be paid in full.

if the childminder is not required to be at the nusery , playgroup but continues to be responsible for the child while they are there( for example being on call if the child is ill ) then they are intitled to charge a fee

hope this helps

cathy

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

How i see it is that she wishes to sign a contract with you and you have fees and terms and conditions. She doesnt have to sign up with you and has no right to make you prove anything! You are self employed!
    Ask her to do her own research if she is that dis-trusting!

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

you both have god points thanks but one of the things it says in the ncma book about charging during playscholl times is that you would need to be on call for if the child was ill mum had said to me that she did not want me to pick her up if she was ill and if thats the case would you have her if she was infectious well i said no of course but would have her if the playschool was closed for any reason example teacher training day , building work closure , lack of staff . she did agree and yes she has signed the contract it was just that she said i dont think other minders do it so isaid why dont you go away think about it & have a chat with dh she then said no i will sign for six months as i dont no if i wil be able to afford it after then

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge full fee while they are at pre-school if I am required to do the drop off and collection. If I only do one or other and are not the emergancy contact during pre-school hours and are not required to cover the pre-school hours during the holidays then I dont.

I am having this debate with one Mum at the moment and I isnt even due to start pre-school for another year yet! She has now found a nursery that will have I from 8am for £6 then she can use her voucher till 12pm when she is wanting me to collect. But she is expecting me to have her in the holidays when the vouchers wont cover the nursery as I am cheaper. You can imagine my answer

sept 94
    Post Thanks / Like

didn't realise she didn't want you as emergency contact

if she doesn't want you to be emergency contact but does need you during the school holidays inset days etc. then we would charge 1/2 fee for the hours they are in playschol.

if not needed during these times then like berkschick we would not charge

berkschick i can imgaine what answer was most probably the same as ours

cathy
    Last edited by ruby; 31-08-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by berkschick View Post
    I charge full fee while they are at pre-school if I am required to do the drop off and collection. If I only do one or other and are not the emergancy contact during pre-school hours and are not required to cover the pre-school hours during the holidays then I dont.

I am having this debate with one Mum at the moment and I isnt even due to start pre-school for another year yet! She has now found a nursery that will have I from 8am for £6 then she can use her voucher till 12pm when she is wanting me to collect. But she is expecting me to have her in the holidays when the vouchers wont cover the nursery as I am cheaper. You can imagine my answer
    i hope it was polite
    One life live it

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

well mum does not want me for to pick up mindee if she is ill but will need me if the school closes for any other reason she is paying me £11.00 this is less than half the fee so think maybe i should stop worrying now just didnt know if i was being unfair like i said i take her and pick her up and have her over the hols shes paying me this money which is a loss of £27.00 x

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by berkschick View Post

I would say yes to collecting after nursery but my fee would be higher than normal due to it being a part day. You might be able to pick up a before school as well to make up the money.
    Debbie

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember we are a business!!

If a parent wants me to take and collect from nursery I charge all the time - how do they expect us to take on someone else in this time. I am also the emergency contact during this time.

If parent drops at nursery I charge from collection - parent is emergency contact

If I drop of at nursery and parent collects - I do not charge from drop of but parent is emergency contact

There are a lot of childminders leaving as they find the work does not pay - this is a good example

Get assertive - I think parents respect us more when we know what we want
    Debbie

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

They are taking up a full time space end of story. I charge while they are at nursery, it is their choice if they use me or not.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

JUNE 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disney View Post
    have just done a new contract with parent and have asked to be paid during the time the mindee is at playschool mum was not keen she in the end agreed to pay a small fee i tried to say that with the eyfs and that my places for this age are limitied and over reasons like i could not fill the 3 hour each day in between whilst she is at playschool , and that she also will need me when the school is closed ect .but she has made me feel really bad like i shouldnt be taking her money and she asked me if i could prove if other minders did this can any one tell me if im right to do this it seems you all do but is their any thing written any were that i can show her x
    I think i would tell her that unfortunately the place is no longer available the cheeky cow!