Stretched funding question
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apri 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Stretched funding question

Hi could anyone please clarify. I have a child eligible for 30 hrs funding. They are with me 18 hrs a week all year. Do i take the 18 hrs and stretch them over say 48 weeks so they get less hours funding each week for longer or can i put 18 hrs for 48 weeks as the total over the year is still less than the total they are allowed ie 1140 hrs per year. Thank you

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by orangecount View Post
    Hi could anyone please clarify. I have a child eligible for 30 hrs funding. They are with me 18 hrs a week all year. Do i take the 18 hrs and stretch them over say 48 weeks so they get less hours funding each week for longer or can i put 18 hrs for 48 weeks as the total over the year is still less than the total they are allowed ie 1140 hrs per year. Thank you
    Best to speak directly with your funding team at your local authority. There are so many local rules and it depends on so many if's and but's (ie are they sharing funding with another setting?). You need to get it right so best ask your local experts.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Do they attend any other setting or are they only with you?

If they are only with you, I would claim 23 hours a week over 38 weeks which would be stretched to approx 18 hours over 48 weeks.

If they also attend another setting where they use the other 12 hours a week, I think you'd have to claim just the 18 hours over 38 weeks which would be about 14.25 hours a week over 48 weeks.

Like Moggy says, speak to your LA and take their advice.