Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    fEB2006
    Post Thanks / Like

Default If your own child’s poorly?

hi
    My own child came out with a rash late last night no other symptoms, I rang doctors at 8am today to get her booked in ASAP. Messaged parents saying please be on time when dropping due to doctors appointment. One parent dropped off And went fine other one came she asked what was a matter I said she’s came out in a rash not to sure what it is, She said oh ok I will find alternative childcare, just in case it’s contagious. So do I charge her? I am open, and she’s chosen not to leave her child?

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t think I would charge her as she is thinking of the well being of her child.would you send your child into a home if another child had an undiagnosed rash?.
    If your child was older and kept upstairs in her/his bedroom ( obviously made comfortable) and was not mixing with the childminding children that would be different, but as you have to take your child to the doctors I would say no don’t charge.

Find out if the rash is contagious or not to determine if you should be having childminding children or not.

Hope your child is okay and rash disappears as quickly as they appear.

3. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Dragonfly.

You either have to close, or quarantine the child, until you get to a doctor for a diagnosis. Otherwise you’re a hostage to fortune, because you simply don’t know if you’re exposing mindees to an infection risk. You could also be mixing with client mums in the early stages of pregnancy or blood conditions, etc.

If you take a chance and it turns out your child is infectious, then you’re in breach of your statutory duty regarding infection control. Not worth the risk IMHO, but it essentially it boils down to whether you’re a gambler.

5. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's a tricky one but when my child/ren were ill I took time off to be with them and treated it as unpaid holiday because parents had to buy childcare elsewhere.

I hope your child is ok

7. Likes Dragonfly liked this post