Help with what to charge
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with what to charge

If your own child is poorly but you tell your parents that your still happy and available to take their child on the booked days but the parent decides not to put her child to you as she doesnt want her child catching the bug, do you still charge full price as you have stated you are available on your booked day?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If your own child is ill you have a duty of care to cancel childcare because the Eyfs says you have to keep cm children healthy and safe ... so you would cancel and refund.

I hope your child improves quickly x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Never give parents the choice. Either you are open and accepting children as normal, or you're closed and don't charge (if that's your policy).

Apart from the problems it can cause with regard to charging, you also have the problem of parenting expecting this to be the norm. Next time your child is ill and you say you are closing they may question why their child can't still come as that is the option you have given them this time. Or if their child is ill they may expect you to still have them as you were willing to have them while your child was ill. It can get a bit tricky.

Personally I wouldn't charge as your child was ill so you should have closed.

I hope your child feels better soon.

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If there are bugs about you have to close, so no charge to parents.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

On the whole, I agree with previous posts.

In some cases, I guess it might be possible to isolate an older son/daughter who has nothing that could be passed on, and pop in to see them occasionally, if the CM can do so with the other minders still in hearing. But a lot would depend on the ages and needs of the minders and the DS/DD.

I suppose one could make a case for charging if you're open, but the big question is whether it is reasonable to be open anyway.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with bunyip and use this option if My son is ill. However I wouldn't then also give parents the option , I would be open as usual.