Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default funding payment again

Hello, this summer term I offer 24 hours free.funding.in.total (2 children)
    I am.due more than £1500 in total but only receive £68 per month since April.
    Is that normal? It doesn't make sense to me and at this rate they will need to pay me for the next few years just to cover this term..left a message on their answer phone but nobody hone me.back.

Does that seem normal to you? I know.we are.paid monthly but I expected more than £68
    Thanks

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It seems every LA have different systems.
    If I was in your position I would be getting about £1,145 for this term which is 13 weeks.
    Our LA pays us in two parts, two thirds two weeks in to the term and the final third, after a headcount to finalise numbers at the end of June.
    They give us all the figures on a statement via our online account.
    I would email them for a statement of account and info about payments, they might not have your actual details update so I would include that info again. Our funding finance dept are often too busy to answer phones as it a dept that has been cut back and there isn't many of them, but I always get an email reply by the end of a working day.

3. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    It seems every LA have different systems.
    If I was in your position I would be getting about £1,145 for this term which is 13 weeks.
    Our LA pays us in two parts, two thirds two weeks in to the term and the final third, after a headcount to finalise numbers at the end of June.
    They give us all the figures on a statement via our online account.
    I would email them for a statement of account and info about payments, they might not have your actual details update so I would include that info again. Our funding finance dept are often too busy to answer phones as it a dept that has been cut back and there isn't many of them, but I always get an email reply by the end of a working day.
    This is almost identical to my county. We are able to view statements, head counts, etc. online so we know where we are.

Is it possible they've overpaid on a previous period and are balancing the account?

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your comments. I am in Hertfordshire and they don't seem to give big lumps of payment, the problem is that at this speed they will need to pay me for the next few years 😉

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Managed to talk today with people dealing with funding and will get full payment this Friday. £68 I received monthly was just an " appetiser". 😁

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by v 1461 View Post
    Managed to talk today with people dealing with funding and will get full payment this Friday. £68 I received monthly was just an " appetiser". 😁
    Love the way they describe things. Still, to be fair, as an "appetiser" £68 will buy you one hell of a prawn cocktail.

8. Likes FloraDora, loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just made me wonder if my mortgage lender, food shops or utilities would mind me sending them an "appetiser"!!!?

10. Likes Pixie dust, FloraDora, loocyloo liked this post