Claiming funded hours after notice given
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Claiming funded hours after notice given

    Hi

    This seems really confusing in my mind and I have already decided what I want to do but am hoping I can find out if I am allowed to! So I invoiced at the me of March for April... I had a girl becoming entitled to 15 hours from 18th, so I charged mum for the sessions she will pay for and wrote funded next to the hours that are funded, as I have just register d with Nursery funding etc it would be that I got summer terms payments both together in July I believe, since then she has given me notice both because she has chosen to put her daughter in pre school of one day a week and because I changed my hours on a Friday, so she decided to take her daughter to nursery for the full 3 days she is normally with me which is fair enough, however I have only been paid 1/2 for April and I can't claim a term of hours now? Is the bet option to explain to mum that because she is withdrawing her child I can no longer claim her funded hours because the nursery will do that so I will invoice her for the remaining days? It is about £120 difference so not s huge amount but definitely feel that I should not offer care unless I am paid for it? Please any advice is really helpful here x

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    335
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soper757 View Post
    Hi

    This seems really confusing in my mind and I have already decided what I want to do but am hoping I can find out if I am allowed to! So I invoiced at the me of March for April... I had a girl becoming entitled to 15 hours from 18th, so I charged mum for the sessions she will pay for and wrote funded next to the hours that are funded, as I have just register d with Nursery funding etc it would be that I got summer terms payments both together in July I believe, since then she has given me notice both because she has chosen to put her daughter in pre school of one day a week and because I changed my hours on a Friday, so she decided to take her daughter to nursery for the full 3 days she is normally with me which is fair enough, however I have only been paid 1/2 for April and I can't claim a term of hours now? Is the bet option to explain to mum that because she is withdrawing her child I can no longer claim her funded hours because the nursery will do that so I will invoice her for the remaining days? It is about £120 difference so not s huge amount but definitely feel that I should not offer care unless I am paid for it? Please any advice is really helpful here x
    If all LA's work the same which I presume they do in some areas of work regarding funding then I guess you have already submitted your estimate for the coming term. Then when the actual numbers are due to be submitted you don't put this lo down. The nursery can't claim for her until they put their numbers in so as I see it you get what you worked for then the nursery gets theirs. Don't know if this helps as I also got a bit confused!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    8,966
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would speak to your LA as they all work slightly differently.

    It will depend on when the child finishes with you, whether you have already submitted a claim, when headcount day is etc. Speak to them asap and let mum know in advance that she may need to pay you the difference if you can't claim any funding.
    Have you completed a parent/provider funding agreement (your LA should provide one)? I know on ours parents sign to say they will be responsible for paying for any hours that turn out not to be covered by funding. It might also be worth looking at any agreement you have signed for delivering funding. Again, the form we sign sets out what happens if a child leaves part way through a term.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris goodyear View Post
    If all LA's work the same which I presume they do in some areas of work regarding funding then I guess you have already submitted your estimate for the coming term. Then when the actual numbers are due to be submitted you don't put this lo down. The nursery can't claim for her until they put their numbers in so as I see it you get what you worked for then the nursery gets theirs. Don't know if this helps as I also got a bit confused!!
    hi thanks everyone, I haven't yet submitted it as newly registered and waiting for paperwork to be sent out, will contact them first thing, I wanted to save the hassle and say because she has withdrawn her she'd need to pay so the nursery could claim. Soooooo frustrating!!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    8,966
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soper757 View Post
    hi thanks everyone, I haven't yet submitted it as newly registered and waiting for paperwork to be sent out, will contact them first thing, I wanted to save the hassle and say because she has withdrawn her she'd need to pay so the nursery could claim. Soooooo frustrating!!!
    If you haven't put in any claim at all yet I would tell mum she needs to pay for all the hours. It would make it a lot easier for you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    4,247
    Registered Childminder since
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Our LA (Somerset) let you claim 4 weeks notice in your funding forms - so explain to the mum that you can either still put in the claim for April's hours and she pay you the remaining amount - you will need to let the Nursery know how many hours you have claimed for, or you can withdraw the invoice you gave her and issue her with a new invoice for the whole month.

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
Claiming funded hours after notice given Claiming funded hours after notice given Claiming funded hours after notice given

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk