Invoices, funded hours & annual leave
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Invoices, funded hours & annual leave

I have a parent who asked to use the 15 hours funding stretched over 52 weeks, so 11 hours per week. Last term this worked out fine when invoicing, but in April I am taking 1 week as annual leave. How do I invoice for this? Does she lose the 11 hours that week, or do I have to carry them over? I'm confused now!
    Thank you!

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You need to check with your LA because they all work from a slightly different rule book

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aimeejae View Post
    I have a parent who asked to use the 15 hours funding stretched over 52 weeks, so 11 hours per week. Last term this worked out fine when invoicing, but in April I am taking 1 week as annual leave. How do I invoice for this? Does she lose the 11 hours that week, or do I have to carry them over? I'm confused now!
    Thank you!
    I would just recalculate the number of hours child still has remaining and the number of weeks you will be working, as long as you don't give the child more than 15 hours a week you are fine and presuming the child attends for more than 11 hours that you claim funding for.

You need to think about how much holiday you may take each year and deduct that from 52 weeks (I calculate mine on 48 weeks which is 11.88 hours a week - I round it down to 11.75) but keep a running total of the funding claimed to make sure everyone gets their 570 hours.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My LA expects me to offer the parent, if possible the hours at another time if my setting is closed because of me. They pay me the funding to give those hours of nursery placement to the parent. Inset days are not included though. Stretched funding should be over the time your setting is open, not the full 52 weeks of the year in our area, in fact they have a maximum weeks you can 'stretch' the funding but since I am term time only I am not sure what it is. If a child is off, for whatever reason then it is not expected.

Like has been suggested, I would re read your funding contract with the LA or contact them.
    Several childminders in our area have been audited this year so it is important to stick to the rules of your particular LA.