Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Giving four weeks notice

From my last thread I was struggling to advertise and it would only take another family to leave and my income wouldn't be much that and I have another child going to he academy in summer I have taken the decision to stop childminding before the ship I'm on so to speak sinks anymore
    My question is as I'm paid in advance by parents once I give them notice and charge them up to my last day
    I'm just wishing now I'd done my fees in arrears
    As I'll now have to survive a months fees two months until I get my first pay
    Very nervous giving up my business but at the same time I can't fill my spaces and really don't to loses more kids and have absolutely nothing to live on
    I suppose writing this I should be grateful it's just a months pay I have to stretch two months
    Just hope I like my new job

Post Thanks / Like

So sad to hear this kitty Kat. It's difficult decision wether to take fees in advance or arrears. The problem with arrears is you then are at risk of parents/carers just not paying, and in your situation would still have to make one months money last 2 months but also fight for the other months money and cope with a new job.
    Perhaps you could diversify and offer evening babysitting to help make up the shortfall till your new job pays.
    Wishing you all the best for the future.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kittycat View Post
    From my last thread I was struggling to advertise and it would only take another family to leave and my income wouldn't be much that and I have another child going to he academy in summer I have taken the decision to stop childminding before the ship I'm on so to speak sinks anymore
    My question is as I'm paid in advance by parents once I give them notice and charge them up to my last day
    I'm just wishing now I'd done my fees in arrears
    As I'll now have to survive a months fees two months until I get my first pay
    Very nervous giving up my business but at the same time I can't fill my spaces and really don't to loses more kids and have absolutely nothing to live on
    I suppose writing this I should be grateful it's just a months pay I have to stretch two months
    Just hope I like my new job
    So sorry to hear that you are leaving us, really hope your new job is everything you want it to be and that you manage to stretch the finances until your first pay day.