Holiday only care
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Holiday only care

Hi, I'm new to cm just registered in September. Due to moving house I'm not taking on children till the new year, I've moved to a new area.
    I've had lots of enquiries which is promising, had a visit from a baby last week for term time only, it went OK, but I don't think they will sign up ☹️️
    I have had another enquiry for a 5 year old who's at full time school, but she wants care for all the school holidays.

Can anyone give me any advice on this? Would I still do a contract but for just school holidays? Things to consider?

She said he attends the school after school club at the min but she would look at using me for that to, but I'm just concentrating on the holiday care first and if she decides on after school that's a bonus to. It's for 4 days a week through the holidays 8-6pm, he will go to his dads 1 day a week but the day might change but she has his work rota 4 weeks in advance so she can give me plenty of notice, I don't want to tell her something and then realise I've made a boo boo

I've not any children signed up yet so I have the space, I have 2 over 8s myself & a 2 year old

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Few things to make sure you are clear on-
    Inset days: who will have the child then? and check the school term dates as they can vary from school to school.
    Make sure your contract is clear about giving notice as they or you might need to give notice during term time and that needs to be clear as usually your 4-weeks notice can not include 'holidays'.
    Make sure parental responsibility is clear, and the dad's position- contract should be with both parents and your contact and 'working together' should be equal with both parents. Are parents amicable? how will you communicate, share learning and development info etc with each of them?
    And make sure it is clear what will happen when you are closed for personal holiday and when the family are away on holiday- there are 13 weeks school holidays a year usually but if you are closed 4-5 weeks and the family are away a 4-5 weeks too then there aren't many weeks left- is the contract worth taking on? Probably still is but you need to factor this in, how many weeks are they planning per year? How will you charge for their holiday and your holiday?
    Make sure bank holidays are clear too- they are usually within the school holiday but are you open?