Unpaid fees
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Unpaid fees

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Unpaid fees

I had a parent who suddenly decided to terminate her contract with me in order to spend more time with her child. It states in my contract that I request 4 weeks notice which she obviously didn't give me. She asked me for a final bill and we agreed on an amount and she told me she would pay the next day. It's been a week now and she didnt pay and niw shes not replying to my text's or emails. I've never had a parent leave suddenly like this before or not pay outstanding bills so I really don't know how to deal with it?!? Any advice is welcome! 😕

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Contact your insurance company for advice ... they will probably say to write a letter detailing amount owed and give 7 days to pay (or 14) depending on what it says in your policy / contract.

Then they might support you to make a claim depending on how much is owed (there are thresholds).

Hth x

3. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Sarah.

You should also be prepared to consider a manageable repayment plan if the cliet offers to pay installments over time. If it goes to small claims court, they'll want you to have done this.

Advertise the space immediately. the courts often expect you to have taken steps to 'mitigate the loss' (i.e. try to fill the space rather than just take the notice money regardless.)

5. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I contacted CSSIW but they said they don't get involved with payment issues. Do you mean public liability insurance?

Post Thanks / Like

I've offered her installments and other payment options so she wouldn't have to come over to my house to pay her usual cheque. It's just very odd how she's suddenly ended the contract and is now not replying to me. I'm wondering if she's not happy with something although she never complained of anything to me and when I asked for feedback on the service I've provided she stopped replying. She's an extremely over protective mother 😕

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

CSSIW are your regulatory body - your insurance company should help you with unpaid fees...

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I was in the same situation three years ago and I was advised to write a letter giving her so many days to pay and then another letter again
    That's when my insurance kicked in and I passed it to a solicitor who wrote letters,
    It would have gone to court had he not forgotten to cancel his automatic direct debit and in the end he only owed £50 which I couldn't take to a small claims court