Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Holiday fees

Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Holiday fees

Hi,

I am looking for some guidance as to what to charge for holiday periods. I wonder if anybody would be kind enough to help me out? I was thinking full fees when they are away, half fees if they are away when I am, but what about when I am on holiday and they're not?

TIA

Jennie

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I charge full fees if they are away and I'm available to work and no fees if I am on holiday.

If you are going to give parents half fee holidays then I suggest you limit them to 4 weeks (pro rata) and probably minimum of 4 weeks notice of the parents taking holiday, otherwise you might find you are losing money.

X X

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Like loocyloo I charge full fees for their holidays .I find it makes things much clearer and straightforward , if I am open full fees are payable whether the child attends or not ...and if I close then no fee is payable. This applies to sickness As well as holidays.

4. Likes FloraDora, Merlot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do the same as the others. I find it very clear and straight forward :-)

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Full fees for every contracted day that I am open whether they come or not. No fees when I am shut. xx

7. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

As above - full fee when they are away - nothing when I'm away, unless as happened last year when I realised I had all 3 children away on the Friday, so I booked a long weekend to visit my brother in Jersey but that was just making the most of a day off - If I give them my holiday dates and then they book a holiday for the same weeks then I don't charge - it's a game of chicken and who books holiday first!

9. Likes loocyloo, FloraDora, Merlot liked this post
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge full fees but during the school holiday I charge half and if I am honest I loose a lot of my income
    In fact my income is non existent during summer and the April and October hols

I am away to change my policies to full fees all year round apart from if I am ill or on holiday.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge full fee if they are off on holiday/ill/dat off etc and no fee when I'm away on holiday/ill.

I think if you start charging half fee for when you are both on holiday at the same time, its going to get messy
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.