Retainer Fee
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Retainer Fee

Post Thanks / Like

Default Retainer Fee

Hello I was wondering if anyone could help. I am a new childminder and I have a parent who is interested in using me for childcare but would not need me till after Christmas. Shall I charge her a retaining fee? and what is a normal retaining charge fee? Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

A retaininer is non-refundable but you have to have the space available and keep it free for them for the time the whole retainer is payable.
    50% of fees is usual.
    But to be honest, planning now for a Jan start is not a long time to keep the space open, I often work on 12 weeks or so from contracts/deposit to start date- do you have other enquiries? are you turning away work to take this one on? A deposit paid now and signed contracts would secure it.
    If the family want to secure the place, if you are not willing to keep it open for them and they are willing to pay a retainer then go for it!
    I have never found a family able/willing to pay up the cash!